Price of 95 bird with knock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of 95 bird with knock?

I'm new to the f-bodies and was wondering how much this car is worth. 95 firebird, auto, is it the lt1 engine? anyways it has a knock in the motor, but the body is mint and so is the interior, 156,000 miles, 17 torq thrusts with new tires. He is asking 3000, but i think i can get it for 1800 cash, cuz he said he needs money badly. Is this too much? Thanks for any info.

If it is a firebird, then it is a V6. If it says Formula or Trans Am on the side, then it's the LT1 V8. Your best way of telling is getting under the hood and counting spark plug wires.

As far as the knock, I'd get a mechanic to look it over, not just for the knock but for general condition too. If it's an LT1, I'd say tat price is alright even with a knock. Not great though. For a V6, I'd say no. There is someone on this board I believe selling a very nice TA for $3700.

Personally I'd steer clear of this car (the one you mentioned, not the one I mentioned). 156,000 is a lot of miles, and you never know how much money you have to throw at that knock problem. I'd keep searching. Something better you can afford is bound to come up.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Yeah, not to mention all of the other problems taht are bound to occur in the near future. That's a disturbing amount of mileage. I found a 95 Carmaro, white with t tops, auto and 43,000 miles on it for $5,500. I would have jumped all over that but it was auto It was white too. After driving a white Monte Carlo, i've started to despise white. To make a long story short, just keep looking. 156,000 miles is a money pit to happen.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

If it is an LT1, it should have a "P" in the vin digit that indicates the motor. 8th digit??? Or LT1 on the white sticker on the inside of the glove box door.
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Here is the guys Email link that is selling that t/a that DaveM mentioned.

mailto:GuttStadt@earthlink.net

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Hey am the guy ! Yeah if you're interested am in NY, I have a lot of pictures.
            1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
            "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Working...
            X