High pitched squeal!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pitched squeal!!!!!

Alright, I just changed all 4 brakes. Now when I go around a turn, left or right, there is a squeal coming from the back. It sounds like my brakes are going out, but I just changed them. Is there a possibility that the caliper could be scraping the rotor on turns?
    1997 Z28, A4 with transgo shift kit, beast shell, corvette servo, etc..., 160stat, CAI, Borla Exhaust, Richmond 3:73 gears, Tune by MadZ28.com

Originally posted by B.S.97z
    Alright, I just changed all 4 brakes. Now when I go around a turn, left or right, there is a squeal coming from the back. It sounds like my brakes are going out, but I just changed them. Is there a possibility that the caliper could be scraping the rotor on turns?
    My brakes were squealing like madd up front (ya know that little metal piece that will rub the rotor when the pads get low?). I put new pads on today and there is a slight squeal. I'm guessing it'll take a few miles before the pads are broken in. I guess we just need to give them some time to break in and the squeaking will go away.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

did you get brake pad stop squeal with the new pads? I got tube of that when I last did my brakes and it gets applied to the moving surfaces of the caliper and to the back of the pad where it contacts the pistons. Said on the box it was to stop brake squeal. warning on box also said "DO NOT APPLY TO ROTORS OR FRONT OF PADS, MAY CAUSE LOSS OF STOPING POWER"

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
        did you get brake pad stop squeal with the new pads? I got tube of that when I last did my brakes and it gets applied to the moving surfaces of the caliper and to the back of the pad where it contacts the pistons. Said on the box it was to stop brake squeal. warning on box also said "DO NOT APPLY TO ROTORS OR FRONT OF PADS, MAY CAUSE LOSS OF STOPING POWER"
        No I didn't use or get brake pad stop squeal. But I did notice that part of the caliper, you know the part that extends past the pads, look like they are really close to to rotor. Is there any way to maybe adjust that?
        1997 Z28, A4 with transgo shift kit, beast shell, corvette servo, etc..., 160stat, CAI, Borla Exhaust, Richmond 3:73 gears, Tune by MadZ28.com

Comment

Its not recomended by GM or any other brake company but you can bend them up a bit A) to get a bit more wear outa your pads(if your cheap) or B) if they have been bent from shipping, droping or bad manufacture proccess. I had one set that was bent in shipping and I just used a set of pliers. Try to bend them to a point where they will still contact the rotor before the pad wears out, and remember the rivits that hold the brake compound to the back plate actualy stick down into the compund 1/16 of an inch to 1/8 of an inch. I fyou dont account for this the rivits will start to cut groves in your rotor before the wear bar squeals.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll try to bend it or maybe machine it down a little.

Comment

Working...
            X