$1400!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1400!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was looking for a ws6 hood for my t/a. Im a dealer so I called to get my cost on it from gm. $1400!!!!!!!!!! At my cost Just called suncoast and it only $600. $1400. Thats a lot of $ for that hood.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

I think its C$1600.00 for the formula hood with cowl induction for my 89' from GM. Which im looking for.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

does that include it being painted?
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Not the formula Hood just primed.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade

Comment

1. Do NOT buy GM parts from a dealer (nothing personal ). They are all named Mr. Ben Dover. There are at least 3 online sources of genuine GM parts for up to 50% off dealer list.

2. SLP sells a duplicate of the WS6 hood, called the Ram Air HO hood. The hood is $695. The airbox is $300. I have one - excellent quality. Only difference is the airbox, which does not come with the "Ram Air" and "Pontiac" logos cast into the lid, or the pre-molded gasket. Otherwise, the hood and the airbox are identical to the "real" WS6 components.

3. Suncoast products are of questionable quality. Lots of problems.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Where are these good reputable online sites of gm parts and is there a canadian one?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade

Comment

Not sure how current these links/numbers are????

Dal Slabaugh: 877-448-5451
              email: lockitup@bright.net
              VanDevere Buick/Pontiac/Olds Akron, OH

Jason Cromer: 877-726-8295 or 850-243-8826 (direct parts dept ph #)
              email: parts@samtaylor.com
              Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac Ft. Walton Beach, FL

gmpartsdirect.com

Watch out for the shipping costs on gmpartsdirect.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No that doesnt include paint. Itneeds to be sanded and painted. They just give you the hood hardware and say have at it. Can I go to slp web site and find the hood?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Here's the SLP Hood

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...TNUMBER=100002

and the air box assy

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...TNUMBER=100008
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                    Where are these good reputable online sites of gm parts and is there a canadian one?
                    Haven't found one yet. Luckily I work in the States quite a bit so I order stuff from www.gmpartsdirect.com and have it sent to the hotel or where I work. Unfortunatly they don't ship to Canada.

In Oshawa around where I live, the dealers always ask if I work for GM to get a discount. Maybe I should make friends with somebody that does.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Black97, thanks for the link. Its a $100 more but you have slp quality. I like it. Thanks

current

Comment

Found this auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

one thing to keep in mind.....

hoods must meet DOT crash test requirements before a car is delivered. aftermarket hoods dont. gm and slp engineering hoods meet the criteria. suncoast....well.....lets just say i challanged them in 97...in person in atlanta...we had a nice argument. i challanged them to show me the data of compliance in 99...they didnt come thru.

so ....bottom line is... you get in a head on crash..... will that hood take your head off comming thru the windshield?..... wanna take that chance to save a few bucks?

end of story.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                          X