New to this forum...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum...

I just thought i'd say hi to everyone, Im 20 years old from CT and curently drive a maxima...i know i know its an import, why am I here, well i probably wont be posting as much but recently i've decided that i NEED to have a domestic, after seeing the ws6 i knew which one i needed to have. I've always had respect for both muscle cars and imports, but i've done the import thing and its geting old, i've just been looking around on here reading about the newer faster imports and the thing i realize is yeah their geting pretty fast but theres not as much potential there, once you get honda's running the really low 1/4 mile times they become pretty much un drivable on the street, plus no import is gonna take a beating like an american car will, trust i know, im going on my third trany in this car and hardly ever beat on it...anyway, i came on here to do some researching, if all goes well i'll be geting a 98 or better firebird next summer and i like to make sure i know what can and cant be done with somthing before i buy it...i just wanted you all to know im not a ricer, the reason i bought a maxima is because i was really into imports at the time and the maxima wasnt played out like everything else, plus the people that own maximas and go on the forums are more repectfull then say your average honda owner, but im runnin probably high 14's right now, and im geting sick of it breaking...i hope to make some friendships on here and learn from you guys and i'd like to thank you guys in advance for the knowledge i'll be geting from this forum

--Dan

Hello !! I have 2 cats !!

Welcome aboard,,,,,

Knowledge,what is that,we are all in detention here or on parole !!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Welcome..... glad you have "seen the light"

Good luck on your search for a WS6!
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

good to have u aboard , u finally grew some nads huh!! jk buddy
        Miss My Bird

Comment

Welcome... I absolutely love my WS6, so I hope your purchase turns out as well for you as it did for me.

As far as what can be done to it? Everything... for a price. It all depends on how fast you want to go. If you buy a 98+ WS6, you are looking at about $3K to hit mid 12's. That is intake, headers, y-pipe, exhaust and tires... You could also go the cheap route with a nitrous kit and hit those times for a couple hundred dollars.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

yeah i see a lot of fbody's with nitrous of some sort in them, i wanna stick all motor, my plan is to try and buy the car outright with out payments and then keep it as the car to mod and keep my nissan for an everyday driver, but mid 12's with some exhaust work and intake and slicks, i can def. live with that lol...my biggest hobby is car audio and i've dumped 3k just on systems in this car...i had a question for ya though, whats the diference between a ws6 and just a regular trans am, other then the ram air hood set up?

Comment

Welcome.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

basically the dirrerence between the regular T/A and the WS6 is the 17" tires and wheels, the intake, and maybe even special springs, shocks and/or rear sway bar but not positive on the last three. Makes sense if they did though. I did with my '95 Formula and it made a world of difference.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
                  basically the dirrerence between the regular T/A and the WS6 is the 17" tires and wheels, the intake, and maybe even special springs, shocks and/or rear sway bar but not positive on the last three. Makes sense if they did though. I did with my '95 Formula and it made a world of difference.
                  the intake? thats not different! shocks yes, springs no.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

so as far as motor goes its still the same ls1 and trany as the ws6, thats all im really concerned about, over time the hood would be changed and so would the suspension and rims...regular trans am's arent to expensive in ct, im guessing because everyone wants their suv's and front wheel drive cars for the new england winters so geting a good deal on a non ws6 trans am wouldnt be to far fetched, a friend of mine got a 02 z28 camaro, mint with low miles for around 17 or 18 from a dealer...thanks for the info so far, im def. looking forward to the day i get one lol...im going this weekend to try and find one for sale so i can test drive

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X