Which brake pads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brake pads?

Ok I need a brake job, which brake pads would you guys recommend? Also seems like my starter might be gone soon, any good aftermarket pieces out there? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks .
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

I like the EBC green stuffs, I had those before, now I have a better than oem from summit, forget the name. Good pricing though. I've also used bendix, available from advance auto. Oem pads that are fairly decent. I'm thinking of trying the hawk pads next go around, since its a package deal with cross drilled slotted rotors for less than 500.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

I've heard good things about Hawk pads. I have bendix now and have no problems but they're not performance pads.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Yes i was looking at Hawks also, but they cost little extra for front and back it will run $120. Can i use hawks in the front and let say non performance like bendix in the back? Also I dont think my rotors have been rafaced or replaced at least not by me, using performance pads would that speed up the wear on them?
        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

It is always a good idea to throw new rotors or have them resurfaced when replacing pads, that way if the rotors are warped it doesn't wear down the pads quicker than they should last. You can put performance pads in the front and non, something like bedix in the back, that's what i've always done. They shouldn't make your rotors wear any faster. That all depends on your braking style.
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
          Traded in: 1998 Z28
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

I like the EBC Greenstuff a lot also. I put them in my black car a couple of years ago along with a set of Hawks Pro Stop slotted rotors, and that was a night and day difference in how the car stopped and how much brake fade occured. Two thumbs up for those.
            Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
            X