Stock Temp Gauge for '94 TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Temp Gauge for '94 TA

Hey, guys. I just picked up a '94 TA with 36k miles, mint shape. Completely stock. I'm a rookie so I'm looking for help. First of all, is the stock temp gauge accurate? If so, if the car is running over the 210 degree mark, even though it's not in the red, should I be concerned? I've only had the car a few days and it's hot here in Utah, about 100 degrees in the day and I've noticed at night the car runs much cooler, around say, the first mark on the gauge, I think 180ish. Am I just paranoid about the temp needle moving around? Most of the other vehicles I've owned have temp gauges that rarely move once they're warmed up (unless something is going wrong with the cooling system) so that's why I'm concerned.

Martin
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Cooling

You should get 180 degrees on the highway. In traffic, it will creep up to 210. If you turn on the AC, the electric radiator fans will turn on even if the car is not up to operating temps.

Many people put in a 160 themostat and then use a programmer to change the temp that the fans come on.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
    X