Help!!! buying a new camaro today at 5:30pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! buying a new camaro today at 5:30pm

Hey guys i need your opinion please! It was my friends birthday tuesday and his dad is getting him a reliable car.we hit the dealers yesterday and he was gonna get a 68 camaro, but i convinced him not to because i saw plenty of rust and the rearend sounded bad ,plus the guy said it had a 307,but ive never heard of a 307 in a chevy, so we said screw it.

we went to another dealer and found a red 97 camaro with 64000 miles on it,they wanted 12,000 for it we think hes gonna lower the $$ ,the car has SS wheels,leather,stickshift,t-top,flowmaster,the engine looked all stock. when i turned it on i reved it and it backfierd a couple times ,it kept on doing it until it warmed up,is that normal?? do u think its a good deal?? thanks guys!!!
    Miss My Bird

Mine backfires before the engine is up to temp... I'd say it is normal...

$12K is way too much to pay for a 97 with 64,000 miles in my opinion.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

sounds like too much to me also. But, 307s were installed in chevys late 60s and early 70s, so probably correct. Can always tell by checking some of teh camaro stat books that are available at teh bookstore.
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

thanks guys for all the help !! just to let you know my friend bought the car, we convinced them to lower the price a little to 10,000 its still pretty high but he said it was way worth it , we drove it for a while yesterday and it runs strong, except when he shifts from gears theres a light that says skip shift. is that normal ??? cause they told him they would fix any problem it has.

once again thanks guys.
        Miss My Bird

Comment

Not only is it normal... but it is supposed to do this. You can buy a $25 little part that will de-activate teh skip-shift.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

we got the vette for 11,000 from my uncle, its an 88 with 49,000 miles on it, completely stock and in perfect condition with brand new tires

Comment

keep looking

I w/ have to look @ 25 cars before I make up my mind eh

u know w/ I mean
              Attached Files

Stealth Performance
              www.stealthperf.com
              (503)531-3170
              (leave message)
              E-Mail:
              sales@stealthperf.com

Comment