Top 10 LT1 mods...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 LT1 mods...???

Hi guys...im doing a favor for a few friends of mine. most of them have lt1s, i have an ls1. well they are trying to find out what are the best mods for an lt1, the first 10 things that they should do to their cars. im not sure what to tell them, im not sure if i would do the same to a lt1 and ls1.....can u guys help me out on this one?? greatly appreciate it.

The first thing to do is open up the breathing:
    1) CAI
    2) Catback exhaust
    3) Headers and Y-pipe
    4) reprogram PCM

Next thing is gearing/traction

1) Gears / entire rearend
    2) Lower control arms
    3) LCA relocation brackets
    4) sticky tires

and finally you can do internal motor mods

1) ported heads / rockers
    2) cam
    3) intake porting
    4) 58mm throttle body
    5) stroker
    6) reprogram PCM again

There are ather little mods like a high perf ignition, but the above mods will yield the biggest gains.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

My personal list:

#1-10 Nitrous

In reality:

#1 Skip shift eliminator (all f-bodies)
      #2 Cold air intake (K&N FIPK for you non WS6 cars, get a filter for us WS6 cars)
      #3 Catback
      #4 Underdrive Pulley
      #5 Throttle body bypass
      #6 Hypertech or some other tuning to raise the rev limiter and lower the fan turn-on temps along with the 160 thermostat
      #7 Hooker long tubes
      #8 Cam
      #9 Heads
      #10 12 bolt

Now truthfully, the bypass and skip shift eliminator are free mods, so you could replace them with nitrous and a Spec II clutch
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        My personal list:

#1-10 Nitrous

In reality:

#1 Skip shift eliminator (all f-bodies)
        #2 Cold air intake (K&N FIPK for you non WS6 cars, get a filter for us WS6 cars)
        #3 Catback
        #4 Underdrive Pulley
        #5 Throttle body bypass
        #6 Hypertech or some other tuning to raise the rev limiter and lower the fan turn-on temps along with the 160 thermostat
        #7 Hooker long tubes
        #8 Cam
        #9 Heads
        #10 12 bolt

Now truthfully, the bypass and skip shift eliminator are free mods, so you could replace them with nitrous and a Spec II clutch
        dissagree with underdrive pulley..not worth the gain for the little hp and hassle of it...especially if its an A4 car.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          dissagree with underdrive pulley..not worth the gain for the little hp and hassle of it...especially if its an A4 car.
          ...and the "Skip shift eliminator" for A4 cars. LOL
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            The first thing to do is open up the breathing:
            1) CAI
            2) Catback exhaust
            3) Headers and Y-pipe
            4) reprogram PCM

Next thing is gearing/traction

1) Gears / entire rearend
            2) Lower control arms
            3) LCA relocation brackets
            4) sticky tires

and finally you can do internal motor mods

1) ported heads / rockers
            2) cam
            3) intake porting
            4) 58mm throttle body
            5) stroker
            6) reprogram PCM again

There are ather little mods like a high perf ignition, but the above mods will yield the biggest gains.
            let us not forget that little priceless 160 thermostate and reprogramming the fans to come on around 178 degrees or so.

aftermarket panhard bar helps too

to be more specific...roller rockers, 1.6. lots of folks did that before a cam install even.

im just glad to see nobody suggest the gimmick throttle body insert to "smooth" the air flow out........waste of $$$$$$$$$$$ big time.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Would your opinion change for ls1 cars any? Also, what would you change about that list from a4 cars to m6's. I've been told a good high stall torqe converter is one of the first things I should do after the exhaust and intake mods. Just curious as to some other peoples opinions.
              98 z-71 silverado white
              93 trans am, green, a4, 96 trans am motor swap in progress

Comment

Working...
              X