Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Goodwrench Lifetime Warranty

I have a question on the covered parts and how long is "lifetime."

I had an air conditioner compressor replaced last week on a 1995 Camaro under the GM Goodwrench lifetime warranty. The dealer that repaired it told me that I could only enact the lifetime warranty on the covered part just ONCE. The part was replaced at a GM Dealer in Delaware.

The question follows:

Is this true that lifetime warranties for covered part can be only enacted upon only once for that part? I find it somewhat disturbing that GM offers this program and dealers seem to purposely or go out of their way to avoid tellling you that certain parts have lifetime warranties. Is it forever and do you need to get this in writing somehow?

In short, is the replacement of a warranteed part covered under this warranty?

For those interested the eligible parts are:

Air Conditioning Condensers
    Air Conditioning Compressors
    Air Conditioning Accumulators
    CV Joint/Boot Seal Kits
    EGR Valves
    Fuel Pumps
    Fuel Injectors
    Ignition Coils
    Ignition Wire Sets
    Ignition Modules
    Individual Ignition Wires
    New/Remnaufactured Starter Motors
    New/Remanufactured Generators
    Oxygen Sensors
    Shock Absorbers/Struts
    Throttle Body Injectors
    Water Pumps

Thanks.

The dealership told me that the lifetime warrantee applies to all parts except ignition parts like the OPTI. He said the OPTI carries a 12 month warrantee.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
    X