control arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control arms

today i heard from a guy at the track about how huge of a diffrence lower control arms make on your quarter mile ET. He said with a 50 shot and just lower control arms his friends LS1 runs in the 11's. I was wondering if their is any truth in this and if so what would be the best lower control arms for my 1994 Lt1 camaro even if it will only take a small amount off of my ET?
    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Spohn makes a quality LCA (Lower Control Arm). Also, lots of people have found that the addition of a LCA relocation bracket has given them great success at the track as well. If you plan on using these on the steet, I would go for the poly-urethane instead of the spherical rod ended. The spherical rod ended LCA's are a little stiff on the steet, but they do offer less axle housing movement which is a good thing for traction.

www.spohn.net

Comment

Yes the polyurethane control arms will make for a great upgrade on a street driven car. And yes, they will eliminate alot of wheel hop you may have as well as increase traction. Like fastTA mentioned a set of relocation brackets are agreat upgrade for traction, they will eliminate most to all wheel help as well as lower your ET's. The relocation brackets are recommend on any lower F-Body to keep the right control arm geometry.

I hope that helps.

Ryan
      Ryan
      Owner of-
      UMI Performance Inc-
      Manufacture of:
      F-body Chassis & Suspension Upgrades

sales@umiperformance.com

www.umiperformance.com

Comment

Working...
      X