Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people...

Hi all. First post here.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it's interesting to say the least, and a darn shame.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=599707

Original post has been edited, but basically the guy went to have his bumper replaced, and the shop owner takes his vette for a spin, and well, you'll see the pics.

Reminds me of the Mustang situation on another forum where someone bragged about taking a customers car for a spin, and he posted the custom liscense plate number, and that car owner just happened to frequent that particular forum lol.

Holy Cr*p!!!!!!!! I can't believe this! I would be going postal at this point! This is the number one reason/justification why I want to open my own restoration & specialty paint shop. It just bites that there is so much disrespectfulness out there. I have reluctantly left my '97 at the dealer when it was under warranty. I have never left my '79 out of my sight. Nobody drives it even 10 ft in and out of the garage. If they have a problem with that, I take it elsewhere. There is only one guy in Denver where I will leave my cars with no hesitation...Chris Scotnicki(sp) of SS Motorsports. Man, seeing this, makes me appreciate him that much more!
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If my car were to go to the shop for ANY reason, I would do the following:

1. Make the service manager inspect the entire car inside and out for scratches & damage while I'm there and write it down on my copy.
      2. Set the rev limiter for 1500 rpm.
      3. Write a note with the actual mileage including 10ths and stick it to the dash and keep a copy.
      4. Remove the blower belt.

Also if they needed to test drive it for some reason, you could possibly have them call you so you could be there. No assurance they won't do something dumb, but you can try to cover your butt and let them know your car is not there for their use at all.

Comment

Something happened to me once.... dropped off my Crew Cab Dually with a full tank of gas at the body shop for some custom paint work. I get the truck back with 450 extra miles and and empty tank. $#&%*()$ jerks wouldn't admit anything, I knew the truck was used for a parts run. I did raise a big stink, but never got satisfaction.

Comment

I would have charged them a day's rental and figured the gas cost like the rental car companies do (2X real gas cost) and backed that out of the bill for the paint work at the time I paid it. Of course that kind of thing catches you by surprise because you trusted them and are still trying to figure out why they would do such a thing. And if nothing is on paper, it makes you feel as if you don't have real proof. All these stories make me never want to take my car anywhere for any kind of work...

Comment

Working...
          X