1991 Trans Am GTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Trans Am GTA

Did the 1991 Trans Am GTA come from the factory with a 350 or did it come from the factory with a 305 and the 350 was an option? Thanks in advance.

GTAs can be had with both engines if I remember correctly...305TPI or 350TPI...you'll be hard pressed to find one with a 305.

Reason was...some owners wanted a manual GTA...not a auto. 350 only came in a auto.

There are a few ways to tell if a GTA was real or not.

One way is GTA's only came with gold wheels...not black or silver...only GOLD.

I had a 92 with 5.7 TPI...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well, this kid doesn't have the gold wheels so maybe he is faking it with badges. Is their a way to tell a 305 from a 350 when looking under the hood?

Comment

look for code B2L on the RPO sticker on the driver door...that denotes 5.7 v8 TPI...if it don't say it...its the 305

Also...GTAs have the code Y84

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

This is what you need:

http://thirdgen.org/newdesign/vin/

The vin contains the engine code.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

in the VIN the 8th digit should be the number 8 (5.7)

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Is the GTA then an appearance package or is it a suspension package or am I completely off?

Comment

GTA is one up from the Trans Am...it includes the WS6 suspension package.

heres a link all about GTAs
                  http://www.gtasourcepage.com/

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                    I had a 92 with 5.7 TPI...
                    And you got rid of it?!?!?!? You know they only made something like 216 92 GTA's right?? They were custom order only in 92. That said.....

I miss my 91 GTA. Yeah it was a TPI, yeah it was an Auto, but dang it looked good:

I miss that car. BUT! There's one down here by me, either a 91 or 92, that hasn't moved in 1 1/2 years, and the best part is that it's in the dark silver metallic. I just haven't queried about it yet.
                    Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Yeah...it was my moms before I got it when I turn 18...good thing it was 18 and not 16...had a 3.1 bird before I got my hands on the gta. I sold it though for 12K to a guy in VA in 00'...sweet it was. Classic lines and personally my fav bird...looking to buy it back soon. Need capital to get my business running...when it did, I regreted it and bought the TA...but I'm looking for htat guy that got my baby.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                      X