Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: I'm finally getting a new computer!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: I'm finally getting a new computer!!

Yayyy!!! Heheh Now I will finally be able to do my internet surfing from home instead of 15 minutes at a time on my coffee breaks at work. I ordered it from Dell on Monday so I will hopefully have it next week some time. I can't wait to do some online gaming, burn some cd's, listen to some Dallas radio stations that I miss, fart around n here from home, etc. etc.
    Life sucks without a computer.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

:warning: really bad quote to follow...

Dude, your gettin' a Dell....
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

dude...that's awesome!......

I got a HP at home...and running Sony's at work...got a VIAO laptop...so I'm surrounded my comps all day long. Get Cable ot T1 and you'll be flying

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes too high about online gaming with a Dell!
        99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
          I wouldn't get your hopes too high about online gaming with a Dell!
          Why not??? It's got a Pentium 4 3.06 Gig processor, 1 gig of RAM, a 160 HD, NVIDIA GeForce 5200 128MB Graphics card, Soundblaster 5.1, all that good stuff. With high speed internet I would think I will be Golden. Any reason I would be wrong????

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop '02Z
            :warning: really bad quote to follow...

Dude, your gettin' a Dell....
            LOL....I've been saying that all week to my wife...DUDE! We're gettin a Dell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
              Why not??? It's got a Pentium 4 3.06 Gig processor, 1 gig of RAM, a 160 HD, NVIDIA GeForce 5200 128MB Graphics card, Soundblaster 5.1, all that good stuff. With high speed internet I would think I will be Golden. Any reason I would be wrong????
              I guess he means Dells tend to be more business oriented...I know the big guys uses Dells...mainframes and all.

But with that kinda of power...you'll be staying up all night playing Counter Strike...LoL

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Yayyy!!! Heheh Now I will finally be able to do my internet surfing from home instead of 15 minutes at a time on my coffee breaks at work. I ordered it from Dell on Monday so I will hopefully have it next week some time. I can't wait to do some online gaming, burn some cd's, listen to some Dallas radio stations that I miss, fart around n here from home, etc. etc.
                Life sucks without a computer.
                You could of saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars if you built your own, but most people don't know all that shmancy fancy computer stuff so I don't blame you for ordering one.

With $712.00 I built my self a P4 2.6, 512 ram, 80 gig hd, Asus mobo, Audigy Z 2 sound card, and a Radien 9800 Pro video card. The only thing you get from a pre-built computer (Dell, Gateway) is pre-installed software and costumer support (limited), which you could of just taken from your old computer and installed it on your new hd (software).

But if this is your first computer, enjoy!
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Todd, before too long you are gonna be looking like these guys.....

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...ad.php?t=95998

'95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                    I guess he means Dells tend to be more business oriented...I know the big guys uses Dells...mainframes and all.

But with that kinda of power...you'll be staying up all night playing Counter Strike...LoL
                    Dang skippy!!
                    Now if I can just find a copy of Team Fortress....

Comment

Dang skippy!!
                      Now if I can just find a copy of Team Fortress....
                      Doom 3 comes out the 3rd! Already have mine pre-ordered.
                      '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron4TAMU
                        Doom 3 comes out the 3rd! Already have mine pre-ordered.
                        Believe it or not, the Worst Buy from my house is having a midnight special for the release of Doom 3 at 12:01 am. Nice.
                        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Congrats. Personally, i agree with djtaso. But if you can't build it yourself, I've recommended people to cyber power pc. They build it how you want it, a LOT cheaper and customer support and warranty and its a great computer. Or if your the more talented, like my roomate, build one that beats anything on a shelf for atleast a 1/3 the cost. But like yourself, i have one froma store. HP, can't complain, as for it was an x-mas present.
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                          Traded in: 1998 Z28
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

You are absolutely right Todd. Your Dell will have plenty of punch to play all the latest games. Dell's prices are even so competitive that it makes it an easy choice to purchase a package deal like you did.

As many of you know I own my own computer/networking business and Dell has proven to be the most reliable PC out there. Not to mention their outstanding tech support. Homemade computers don't have this luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                              Believe it or not, the Worst Buy from my house is having a midnight special for the release of Doom 3 at 12:01 am. Nice.
                              HAHA, I just spent over $600 bucks worth of upgrades tonight....the most I've spent on computer stuff in 2+ years.

Comment

Working...
                              X