Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zoomin down the roads with my new 3.4L!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoomin down the roads with my new 3.4L!!!

Wow let me tell you going from a 5.7L LS1 to a 3.4L V6 man half the horsepower wooooo.....

Just bought a 94 V6 Camaro for a daily driver. Concerned about the gas mileage though. I was wondering if any of you gurus know some good mods that will give me better gas mileage....I know that if I get a better air intake that will help....but let me know what you guys think.

Also if your roof liner is drooping down how do you fix that? Thanks guys...
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

As far as gas milage, uhhhhhh got me. I still have yet to solve the mystery how my 1998 z28 and my 00 s10 with a 2.2 gets the exact same mileage!!?? It will always be a mystery. But, as far as the headliner goes, many parts places like advance have headliner spray, which is just a spray adhesive used to re-apply a hanging, low, unattached headliner.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
      I was wondering if any of you gurus know some good mods that will give me better gas mileage
      The Tornado. Improves gas milage and can prob get you some more hp too

j/k
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
        ...I still have yet to solve the mystery how my 1998 z28 and my 00 s10 with a 2.2 gets the exact same mileage!!??...

maybe cause the s10 is like a brick on wheels?

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
        CAGS Eliminator

Comment

I'm no expert, but I'd say some basic tune-up/maintenance if it's needed. Plugs, wires, etc..

If you're talking about aftermarket parts you have to ask yourself this question...What's going to cost less, the gas you save from your better milage plus the price of the part OR what you're paying for gas now?
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

In my experience, it's the car not the engine that makes the most difference in fuel mileage. Case in point is my off-road vehicle (a DD as well). It had a 1.3L 4 cylinder, followed by a 1.6L 4, then a 16 valve FI 1.6L 4, and now a Vortec CPI 4.3L V6. I swear they all got the same fuel mileage, about 10 litres per 100 km. That would equate to about 450 miles on a full 60 litre tank that was run bone dry. So more like 400 miles. Wierd. And yes, this rig is a brick on wheels

Cheers,
            Steve
            SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

Comment

Originally posted by Hemogoblin
              In my experience, it's the car not the engine that makes the most difference in fuel mileage. Case in point is my off-road vehicle (a DD as well). It had a 1.3L 4 cylinder, followed by a 1.6L 4, then a 16 valve FI 1.6L 4, and now a Vortec CPI 4.3L V6. I swear they all got the same fuel mileage, about 10 litres per 100 km. That would equate to about 450 miles on a full 60 litre tank that was run bone dry. So more like 400 miles. Wierd. And yes, this rig is a brick on wheels

Cheers,
              Steve
              I used to live in buffalo and all this metric talk is making me miss my trips to ontario. You guys have as many Tim Horton's Doughnuts is a 10 mile radius as we have Waffle Houses in the south...
              To everyone who picks on canada...i say you cant knock a country who bases their lives around beer and hockey! just playing...
              -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

I used to live in buffalo and all this metric talk is making me miss my trips to ontario. You guys have as many Tim Horton's Doughnuts is a 10 mile radius as we have Waffle Houses in the south...
                To everyone who picks on canada...i say you cant knock a country who bases their lives around beer and hockey! just playing...

Drinking a large Tims right now....mmmmmmm
                95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Pretty much have us summed up Well at least me and everyone I know
                  97 SS #C007
                  Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                  SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

i just had full tune up done to my car, oil and fuel filte change, great spark plugs put in, belts changed, air filter changed, oil and tranny change
                    not all these help my gas mileage but im back up to 300 miles to a tank
                    98 trans am ws6 performance package

Comment

Beer now I want a Beer, yes, I Am Canadian!
                      http://www.videoclipstream.com/akamai/therant/rant.html

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

i love you guyS!

Originally posted by DeWynter
                        Beer now I want a Beer, yes, I Am Canadian!
                        http://www.videoclipstream.com/akamai/therant/rant.html
                        That was awesome...thank you
                        -Rico

Comment

Working...
                        X