rap module location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rap module location

ok im trying to locate my rap module and check to see if it is faulty today, i have the time... i looked on shoeboxes site i think it was and sort of found it. the arrow isnt 100% clear to me what box it leads to. imma try my best to figure this out. my problem was as i stated a few weeks ago that my stereo and interior lights dont work. checked fuses etc but were good.
    ill add another post to this thread once i remove rap module and see if its faulty. thanks....
    -chris

ok got better look...

ok took panels off got way under there and looked... now according to shoeboxes pic for the rap module, the rap module is what sits in the pocket correct?

-chris

Comment

This is for a '94 Trans Am, But it should be the same.

Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

ok got it out

ok i got it out but how do i tell if its faulty or not without buying a new one at the junkyard or something? are there any resistance specs i could use a ohm meter and check to see if its in spec orrrr?

-chris

Comment

My pic not clear?

If you want to pin down your problems to the RAP, unplug it and in the harness plug, jumper the brown wire to the dark blue and the pink. Turn on the key and see if all your stuff works. If it does, the RAP is to blame. If you want to dig inside it, you might be lucky like one guy I helped. He found a burned circuit tracing on the board inside. He soldered up the open tracing and it was back to working again.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

sorry

sorry no after lookin at the location in my car i was like DOH! the module is inside the pocket lol and its the same size as the other module.

-chris

Comment

Working...
            X