how to do true dual exhaust on 84 Z28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to do true dual exhaust on 84 Z28

I want to put a true dual kit on my Z from the headers back. do i have to run the 2.5" pipes both along the stock area, or can i do it another way? thank u.

I know a few guys that tried...but very difficult. Clearance over the rear axle is a problem as well as emissions...then finding a muffler to fit under the car and getting hangers and supports...too much to deal with...beside, the gains won't be that signifcant for a headache like that.

It's possible...anything is possible...just a PITA...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      I know a few guys that tried...but very difficult. Clearance over the rear axle is a problem as well as emissions...then finding a muffler to fit under the car and getting hangers and supports...too much to deal with...beside, the gains won't be that signifcant for a headache like that.

It's possible...anything is possible...just a PITA...
      well, the power gains all depend on how much power you're putting to the ground.

sound gains on the other hand.....there's no comparison....duals sound awesome

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
      CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
      X