No announcement yet.

NFB: Question for those who work out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but, does anyone know of a way to get a lot of protein (with the exception of eating a ton of tuna chicken and etc) like a whey shake that isnt all thick and gross. My stomach just can't handle the protein shakes, anyone know of anything else that would work? I've been working with creatine and I've gained about 8 pounds and my arms are getting bigger... but now im kinda hitting a wall and not really gaining anything. I heard you have to cycle thru creatine, like 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off and then start again to get the gains to occur again. But for the 4 weeks off I'd still like to be gaining some mass. Any suggestions on alternate protein supplements?

Comment

I race pro motocross so here is m routine, keep in mind that my goal is not bulk, but to be lean and have high endurance.
      Monday Ride 35 miles of road bike
      Tuesday Ride 35 miiles on road bike, chest, shoulders, back, ride 2 25 minute MX motos
      Wednesday ride 35 miles on road bike, legs, arms, ride 2 25 minute MX motos
      Thursday ride 35 miles on road bike, ride 2 25 minute MX motos
      Friday off
      Sturday -travel or race
      Sunday - race
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

darkz711 change your workouts. Start using different movements. Your body has probably gotten used to what your doing and you need to shock it. The same thing happened to me so I changed up my whole workout and it worked pretty well. Your body will only grow if its forced to. Force it to grow.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
          darkz711 change your workouts. Start using different movements. Your body has probably gotten used to what your doing and you need to shock it. The same thing happened to me so I changed up my whole workout and it worked pretty well. Your body will only grow if its forced to. Force it to grow.
          ya i am changing it up but there is only so much i can work on for my chest. Anyone have an extensive list of chest workouts? Ive been doing dumbbell flies, bench, pec deck, cable cross overs and dips, what else is there

Comment

There is alot of stuff you can do. For benching you can do declined or inclined.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

ya i didnt extend the list but i do all that, i can do 225 like 6 times on bench for 3 sets but im still seeing minimal pec gains, which is a big thing i want. Not that 225 is huge but i should have something more than a chest that looks like a sheet of paper

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                ya i didnt extend the list but i do all that, i can do 225 like 6 times on bench for 3 sets but im still seeing minimal pec gains, which is a big thing i want
                In my opinion, what you need to use is the Nautilus double chest machine. You start with arm crosses to pre-exhaust the pecs and then immediatly follow with the decline bench press. When done correctly, you will see results. If you don't have access to that apparatus, then you need an assistant(s) to help you do negatives. The technique is called stripping. After you do a few sets of regular bench press, stack on the weight and do negatives. Negatives require you to have heavy weight and resist the motion going down. You should be able to hold about 40% more than you can press, have the assistant handy and start resisting the weight going down slowly. The assistant(s) raise the weight back to the top, you resist it slowly going down. I'll guarantee that if you do two sets of negatives once a week, your strength and mass will increase much faster than doing positive reps.

Comment

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but, does anyone know of a way to get a lot of protein (with the exception of eating a ton of tuna chicken and etc) like a whey shake that isnt all thick and gross. My stomach just can't handle the protein shakes, anyone know of anything else that would work? I've been working with creatine and I've gained about 8 pounds and my arms are getting bigger... but now im kinda hitting a wall and not really gaining anything. I heard you have to cycle thru creatine, like 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off and then start again to get the gains to occur again. But for the 4 weeks off I'd still like to be gaining some mass. Any suggestions on alternate protein supplements?
                  CytoSport MuscleMilk, i guarantee if you get the best flavors you will look forward to drinking it, you can get them on ebay for about 26 shipped, great product!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    In my opinion, what you need to use is the Nautilus double chest machine. You start with arm crosses to pre-exhaust the pecs and then immediatly follow with the decline bench press. When done correctly, you will see results. If you don't have access to that apparatus, then you need an assistant(s) to help you do negatives. The technique is called stripping. After you do a few sets of regular bench press, stack on the weight and do negatives. Negatives require you to have heavy weight and resist the motion going down. You should be able to hold about 40% more than you can press, have the assistant handy and start resisting the weight going down slowly. The assistant(s) raise the weight back to the top, you resist it slowly going down. I'll guarantee that if you do two sets of negatives once a week, your strength and mass will increase much faster than doing positive reps.

im all for suggestions, so im actually gunna try that today, see how that goes. Do it on a flat bench???

Comment

im all for suggestions, so im actually gunna try that today, see how that goes. Do it on a flat bench???
                      Each week try a different position..... incline, flat and decline. Just prepare yourself.....Do it until muscle failure on both sets. Even after muscle failure continue until you can't successfully hold the weight. You're gonna feel it the next day.

Comment

There is also cable crossovers work pretty well and one of my favorite besides deadlifts(back), dont know what its called, but you lay sideways on a flat bench so your shoulders are the only thing on the bench and you head and neck are of off the bench. grab a dumbell start out light because its not that easy at first so you can get the idea of your range of motion. then place the weight above your head with both hands holding it above your chest. then lower it behind your head almost as far as you can go and then bring it back up slowly. This works very well for some people. I love it. Its a good mass builder.

Also there is a great video out from Mike Menzter. He's awsome and he has a different way of making you grow and it may seam easy but its probably one of the hardest workouts out there. If you want Ill burn you a copy and send it to ya.

current

Comment

dips. with xtra weight hanging....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                          X