Throttle body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body

Can anyone suggest a good t-body upgrade on a factory ss?

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Originally posted by 01SS
    Can anyone suggest a good t-body upgrade on a factory ss?
    What are your other mods?

Comment

Originally posted by 01SS
      ......factory ss?......

^^^^^^^^^^

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
      CAGS Eliminator

Comment

All of my cars came from the "factory" however of them are stock so what is your point on placing emphasis on "factory" 02Z28??

Anyway, some of the most popular TB's are the following:
        Arizona Speed & Marine
        Holley
        BBK

BTW, the stock TB will flow plenty well until you make some significant mods that will require the additional volume of air.

Check out www.thunderracing.com, www.cmotorsports.com, www.racenet.net

Comment

true, but used in the context of his single sentence, it is pretty clear that he meant "stock", but wrote "factory".

and 01SS, he is correct....the throttle body should not really be your first mod...i'd start out with exhaust/headers...after all what's the use of trying to cram more air in at a faster rate if it can't expel the air as fast or faster?

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

by the way, fastTA, i only put that many ^^^ signs there because it said i needed 10 or more characters to post....i was originally gonna reply with just the quote

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

As noted........ you don't need a throttle body until you are further along in your mods.... like, cam and or heads, etc... People are up & down over upgrading the MAF. I have a Granetilli and I did see a minor gain before I installed the headers. Likely the gain is greater with the headers on (I have a stock ported TB).

So far, I'm still pretty stock (Headers, MAF, smooth bellows, HPP-3) and I pull just about 360 HP at the rear wheels. A TB may give a bit at the top end but likely not any gain that's worth the money..... at lower & mid RPM. Plus, it may reduce my street driving throttle responce a bit. Now, when the cam and then the heads go on.... that may be another story!

You can port your stock TB though and this would be beneficial ... and free.

I don't have a link handy, but the DIY for porting your TB is all over the web.

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I think there is a sponsor here named Halbert Performance. Her name is Heather I think, and they are in the business of porting stock TB's for pretty cheap. Maybe she will chime in.

Comment

Working...
                X