Red Light Camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Light Camera

I just got a red light ticket in the mail. The city has contracted with a private party to issue these "fines." There is no traffic penaly. What civil repercussions might I face if I throw it away?

They can't even prove it was me.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

From what I understand.....

The areas that use these revenue collection devices either have the law set up that the owner of the car is responsible ... or, they get a front shot of the driver.

Either way, they will legally have you.

Ignoring it will be just like ignoring one given by an on site officer.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

My girlfriend's uncle got one in the mail too, only problem was he stopped for the light. In the pictures, they are supposed to take two pics, one of the car at the light and one of it down the road. His pictures showed both of them at the light. I he must of went over that white line a little bit. He could of fought it, but he would of lost more money from missing work to appear at court, then he would of by paying the ticket. Plus it said if he paid it within the time limit, he wouldn't get any points.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

If they are not taking a photo of the driver..... maybe that's why there are no points. Only taxes.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I know here in California they have paking tickets set up in a similar way to which Gordon mentioned. They are not criminal and the registered owner of the vehicle is the one that is responsible for the ticket. If you don't pay there are late fees associated and then there is a hold put on the vehicle registration causing you to not be able to register the car until the tickets and late fees are paid. It sounds like you could be in a similar type situation as this.
          Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

hmm...i would find out for sure if it was a real ticket. It could be anybody just trying to get money from you and other pepole.

Comment

Working...
            X