One Last Header Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Last Header Question

I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm going to order a set of headers tommorow and just wanted to make sure that I'll be fine to get any set 93-97 as long as I get a Y-pipe made. I see some on e-bay advertising for 96-97 and other years like that, but they should all bolt up the same shouldn't they? The only difference would be the dual cat and that won't matter if I have a Y pipe made right?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

If the headers you are looking at are "non-emissions", in other words.... no hook-ups for the AIR & EGR, then all years are OK.

If they have emissions hook-ups for AIR & EGR, if these are done properly (like mine will be) 94 thru 97 will all fit (there are minor differences between the years, but if the headers are built with this in mind.... all can be made to fit one design). 93 is slightly different but can be made to fit a properly done 94-97 set.

Using a long tube header design, once it's under the car it doesn't matter what year it is. You just build the y-pipe and hook it up to the shortened intermediate pipe behind the trans mount. .... or use an LS1 cat-back.

In my LT1 prototyping I have found that the LT1 under chassis is substantially different from the LS1 cars ..... suprise, suprise..... I had hoped to design the headers to hook-up to the same y-pipe as my LS1 system uses. Nope. The y-pipe will be totally different. There is actually LESS room for the headers and the y-pipe on the LT1 cars.

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
    X