Tq arm angle question!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tq arm angle question!!!!

My car is lowered 2 1/2 inches and I am having BMR Adjustable TQ arm installed this afternoon.

My car is an M6 and I know pinion angle should be -2 or -3,I measured it from a muffler pit and have 0 on the DS and 0 on the TQ arm mount[this is probably why a vibration occurs if not under heavy load].

To get -2 -3 do I have to PUSH the diff away from tranny or PULL it toward tranny??

Will the fact that BMR supplies POLY bushing for tranny change my adjustment needs??

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

You don't want any more than a negative 2-degrees for a street car. High HP setups can go as high as negative 4-degrees, but need to be reset to negative 2-degrees or less for the street.

You want the DS and the pinion shaft to forrm a \/ pointing down. That way, under load, the pinion will tend to rotate up and put the pinion and DS in a straight line.

I don't know where the adjuster link is on the BMR, but if it is in the bottom bar of the arm, you want to make the link "longer" to force the pinion down until the difference between the DS and the pinion is 2 degrees.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I thank you kind Sir for the info !!

KeRm was right,you give info and explain the why of it to boot!!!!

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

Comment

You may want to strongly consider lower conrol arm relocation brackets as well. When you lower these cars, it puts the rear control arms in a position where the front mount is now lower than the rear. This is bad for traction, can cause pretty bad wheel hop and control issues. Relocation brackets drop the rear arm mounting point to allow a more favorable leverage to be applied to the chassis. It will increase the downforce of the rear under acceleration and will eliminate the rear end squatting. Hugely recommended. When you install these, you'll notice the rear of the car will rise slightly on launch. Evidence that the differential is being planted more effectively.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Joe,I allready have them as about all the other BMR stuff I got from STEALTHPERF,kind of did things backwards I guess by til the end for the TQ arm.

Had it put on this afternoon and I can hear the difference allready,no more U-Joint hummmmm,it seems to be more violent on planting the tires on the 1-2 2-3 shifts.

Very direct feeling now,there is no longer any lost motion !!!!

angle went from 0-0 to +1- -2 and I like it,will let you know if it changes anything at the track.

Comment

kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll

Stealth Performance
            www.stealthperf.com
            (503)531-3170
            (leave message)
            E-Mail:
            sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

Working...
            X