how do you keep web pages from coming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you keep web pages from coming up

when I try to get on the internet, after you put www. it pops up a page that you have been to in the search box. How do you get it to not show the pages that you have been to.

If inline autocomplete turned on you may want to turn it off tools/ internet options / advanced...then scroll down to "use inline auto complete" uncheck the box

Also your machine may have some spyware installed a lot of these will redirect your browser

you might try this software Adaware
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

thanks

Comment

Internet Explorer will keep a list of recent sites that you visit called a 'History'. Whether it shows them to you or not, they are still there. You can limit how many days of history it keeps in <Tools> <Internet Options> <General> at the bottom, but even that has been known to be flaky. There are some 3rd party shareware tools that enhance privacy that do a good job of cleaning up after your surfing. Google is your friend.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
        95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
        Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

A little off topic...but my brother showed me a great alternative for Internet Explorer. You ever find yourself with 50 different web pages open at the same time? Get Maxthon as it uses tabbed browsing.
          '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

I changed the history to o days and the autoend off and it still pops up. Any other auggestions, BTW i am using mozilla.

Comment

Working...
            X