springs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springs?

Im looking at some Hotchkis 1'' lowering springs because after i put the Z06's on it, its riding pretty high. However, to fit the rims i had to get new studs and put spacers on it and pound in the wheel well. There is, at the spots they were originally rubbing and causing a problem, about a half inch between the inside of the tire and the wheel well. Anyways what i was trying to figure out is if the lowering springs would cause a problem. I didnt know if the travel distance of the spring remained the same or was shortened to accomodate the shortening of the spring. Does anybody know? If this wouldnt work, does anybody know of any springs that lower about an inch or more and are extremely stiff springs?
    2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
    "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

pleasy guys i need some help here
    2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)

Comment

The problem is you are using spacers due to adapting the wrong offset wheels. The only way you are going to find out is by experimenting...... measuring the original area that was rubbing and doing additional measuring and pounding to accomodate the lower spring height. Chances are you'll have to do some more pounding.

Comment

I cringe at the thought of taking a hammer to my car

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

The problems are mostly "down low"....

There is quite a bit of room up above. If you've solved the obvious problems, lowering it 1" shouldn't be a problem.

Throw a little undercoat on it, and you won't even notice its been hammered.... but it looks pretty scarey without the undercoat.....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Any ideas about any springs that provide a very stiff ride and just decrease the ammount of sping travel? Do lowering spings ruin your shocks?

Comment

Working...
            X