X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry speach... spin-off thread.....>

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
    I hear you. ........
    I'd also like to point out that I was the most unchristian anti-christian person you'd know. I had all the answers and hearing about religion made me uncomfortable...God's worked a lot in my life and changed my heart. So really i see both sides of this...i'm just on the side i think is much better(again my choice not yours)...(intrestingly enough...http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4992)
    Welcome home Rico....

There's something that a person who has accepted Christ .... yet who has not grown up in a "Christian" household, has .... that a person who has grown up in a "Christian" family kind of doesn't.

It's the experience of going through life without Him and seeing what you now have to be thankfull for...!!

Shoot, at age 18, I had no clue that Christmas was a celebration of Christ's birth and that Easter was a celebration of His reurection. Even though I was off & on sent to church as a kid. It's not that I didn't accept it ...... I didn't have a clue!

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Please - No - Not another John Kerry thread.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by M3EATER - GG '00 WS6 T/A
        It's the experience of going through life without Him and seeing what you now have to be thankfull for...!!

Gordon

Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly". He wasnt lieing. I became a Christian as a teenager, after growing up in a "religious" home. There was a big difference between religion and Christianity. My family became Christians shortly after I did, and have not been the same since. It truly is abundant life.

One point I find interesting as I sit here and read..........Its funny how Christianity is the only religion that is taboo......look at all the controversy it stirs up. It always has, and it always will. Jesus still stirs the same controversy that He did when they crucified Him. I just got done reading a NINE PAGE thread regarding Christianity and its involvement in politics. Another example is the movie "The Passion". It was one of the (if not THE) biggest box office hits ever.......and was loaded with controversy. It was the Biblical account of Christ's death - what should be the controversy? Would a historical movie about Buddha or Allah stir up that kind of response?

As a school teacher, I fear bringing up Christ in the classroom because it would be breach of seperation of church and state (even though it really isnt) that could cost me my job. WOuld I have the same fear as a Muslim or a Buddhist or any other? I dont think so- it would be educational to talk about my religion then......its funny how Jesus still stirs the controversy. Theres something about that name.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
          Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly". He wasnt lieing. I became a Christian as a teenager, after growing up in a "religious" home. There was a big difference between religion and Christianity. My family became Christians shortly after I did, and have not been the same since. It truly is abundant life.

One point I find interesting as I sit here and read..........Its funny how Christianity is the only religion that is taboo......look at all the controversy it stirs up. It always has, and it always will. Jesus still stirs the same controversy that He did when they crucified Him. I just got done reading a NINE PAGE thread regarding Christianity and its involvement in politics. Another example is the movie "The Passion". It was one of the (if not THE) biggest box office hits ever.......and was loaded with controversy. It was the Biblical account of Christ's death - what should be the controversy? Would a historical movie about Buddha or Allah stir up that kind of response?

As a school teacher, I fear bringing up Christ in the classroom because it would be breach of seperation of church and state (even though it really isnt) that could cost me my job. WOuld I have the same fear as a Muslim or a Buddhist or any other? I dont think so- it would be educational to talk about my religion then......its funny how Jesus still stirs the controversy. Theres something about that name.
          Man glad you guys started a spin off...it was getting crazy in the other thread. I know what you mean and I dont understand it either. I know before I was christian that name used to make me defend my right to not be Christian. If I only knew what I was holding myself back from then...Your right it really is abundant life. The closer relationship I develop the better life just seems. I feel like I was dead to the world before salvation came.
          I think the contoversy comes with the fact that everyone wants to think they are all going to heaven and living good lives. When in all actuality they(including the old me) are caught up in wordly desires, and this party it up mentality that is perpetuated throughout pop-culture. Sex, Party, Drink, Drug. Its everywhere you look and hearing about Christianity threatens that stronghold on worldy things they have. They dont want to give it up but they might know they should. Thus putting then on a defensive. Note that I'm in no way trying to put myself above nonbelievers because it was the greater portion of my life and I hate when ppl say Christians think they are better than the rest of the world when thats exactly opposite of what Jesus taught.
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X