sTuPiD kill story......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sTuPiD kill story......

Yeah....... Thinking before acting.......yeaaahhhhhhh.......

So, I just got The Chicken back on the road last week, after being off since last December. So, I've got some time to make up.

Last Saturday night My wife & I do Home Depot (got a bunch of wood all over the inside of the car) and then the 24 hour Walmart. It's about 12:30 or so and I decide to go through town instead of straight home. I come up to a light to turn left and a 3rd gen is already there.... the light is already green to go left so I round the corner on his outside (two lanes to turn left) and gently run past him. He pops back up to my side and they grin at us, he gives it a little pop... I just hang behind his quarter for about a quarter mile.

I certainly wasn't going to race in town ...... however, I just can't stand it .... I MUST do something ..... Just a bit before it narrows to one lane, I HAMMER 1st gear and pass him (The Chicken is VERY loud when I hammer it)..... just for about 100-200 feet .... not to race or say I won, or anything ... just to show how fast I was and how LOUD I was.....

look in the mirror and see blues......... right behind me

I gently pull over on a side street.... he comes up....

"So , what was that all about....?"

Ummm....well...... stupid .... just got it back on the road .... ummm...????

"Who's that with you...?"

My wife....

"Where you been tonight?"

Home Depot & WalMart.

So he takes my stuff and I was relieved when he returned in like one minute (always a good sign). "Now, I don't need to make a long speech, do I?"

Oh..... NO SIR!
    (I already got the speech .... from my wife....)

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

haha, i think the wife's speech would be enough for anyone to know that it was a bad idea. But did you end up speeding or something? Because if you didn't and didn't spin tires, can he really pull you over?
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

He probably could have got you for the exhaust alone.
      Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

im so ashamed of you........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I can't believe that after a full year of having the headers on (and three years with the car in total) that I am still yet to even be pulled over. It is nothing short of a miracle.

Like you Gordon, I gotta believe that if a cop were even within earshot of a WOT punch... I would be seeing the lights in the mirror right away - speeding or not.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

On a related note, I killed a LT1 30th Z28 anniversary edition on my way to work this morning. Telegraph Rd. Right off a stoplight. Who says the LS1 doesn't have so much low-end torque???
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Jay,

You remember the story of the bust I almost got while there for DreamCruise last year .... racing 3 crotch rockets on I-696 coming back from a night of cruising Gratiot?

Can't believe I got out of that.

The Statie pulled all three bikes over and I just kept on going...........

We were all doing 60-65 when the lights came on behind us ........ We had just hauled down from over 140 mph.......

Gordon

Comment

I don't know what kind of crotchies you were up against, Gordon... every single one I have ever played around with has left me licking my wounds.

I had a GSX-R 1000 or 12000 on M-5 just obliterate me. I came up next to him at the light, and I was laughing. He gave me thumbs up and said "sweet car". I asked him if he ever dragged it. "10.8. Stock." ....... yikes....

I also had a Yamaha R1 give me the beating of my life. It was even faster than the Gixer.... Then there was a Yamaha R6.... I don't think I even want to know how fast that thing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  I don't know what kind of crotchies you were up against, Gordon... every single one I have ever played around with has left me licking my wounds.

I had a GSX-R 1000 or 12000 on M-5 just obliterate me. I came up next to him at the light, and I was laughing. He gave me thumbs up and said "sweet car". I asked him if he ever dragged it. "10.8. Stock." ....... yikes....

I also had a Yamaha R1 give me the beating of my life. It was even faster than the Gixer.... Then there was a Yamaha R6.... I don't think I even want to know how fast that thing is.
                  The Yamaha's are slow compared to the Gixxers. The guy on the gixxer probably didnt know how to run the bike that well, assuming it was infact a 1000 (no such thing as 1200, unless it was a Busa; 1300cc ). You woulda had much more fun againts an R6. You should be able to keep up to one of those in your car!
                  1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6

We rolled from about 60 .....

They were probably something like 600s ... as opposed to 1100 & 1200 s and that type of thing. I was suprised that they weren't walking away from me.

Gordon

Comment

Here's and oldie but goodie!

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/videos/harlan_yamaha.wmv

Comment

Working...
                      X