English Town Petition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Town Petition.

I dunno how many of you have raced at Englishtown Raceway Park but this may ultimately effect every single drag strip in the country.=1&sign[memberID]=115822583&sign[partner_userID]=115822583]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/600108155?ts=1091585126&sign[partnerID]=1&sign[memberID]=115822583&sign[partner_userID]=115822583
    1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Link doesnt work
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

We get lots of complaints here at San Antonio Raceway too.

Needless to say I signed the petition.

Comment

I signed. Who's next?
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I Just Signed
          No F-Body right now

Comment

OK it worked now And I signed
            97 SS #C007
            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Some feedback.....

The two NJ legislators who authored the bill to take the noise exemption away from NJ race tracks held a hearing in Manalapan on Thursday night. The reports I heard indicated that there were many more "supporters" of the track present than there were "not in my backyard - I don't care if the track was there 30-years before I moved in" people. There were a number of supporters wearing T-shirts with "I race - and I vote" on them.

There were very few people speaking out against the track. They negativists blamed the large crowd of supporters, indicating that the people were afraid to speak out with so many vocal supporters present. The moderator did have to ask for quiet when the "boos" from the pro-track people started to drown out the speakers.

The mayor of Manalapan spoke out in favor of keeping the track.

I think that the results were positive, based on the feedback.

The problem is very interesting.... Raceway Park is actually not located in "Englishtown".... it is not even in the same county. It is located in Old Bridge Twp., In Middlesex County, right on the border with Monmouth County/Manalapan Twp. (where Englishtown is located). The complaints come from people who built/bought their high $$$$$ house in the last 10 years, even though the track has been there for almost 40 years. And, right next to the drag strip/motocross/auto-X/road race complex, there is an airport, even closer to the people who are complaining. I wnder if they will try and get rid of the airport next
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well I'm glad there are so many supporters. I'm really tired of getting hasseled by the cops for street racing, and then hearing that they want to close our drag strips down. It's like, where else to you expect us to race our cars. I live in Long Island, and our drag strip out in the hamptons is ok, but not as good as E-town or Atco. And there is a constant threat of it being closed down. Although I have been hearing that it's been getting better there, but I haven't been. Nice to know that they are gonna keep our tracks open.
                1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
                X