Ls-1 swap into a 67 Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls-1 swap into a 67 Camaro

I'm droping in an Ls-1 into a 1967 Camaro, but im going to put the Edelbrock carb kit they have for the Ls-1 on it, but I dont know everything about it, maybe their some bad things about it that u people can let me know about?. I know about everything else i would need for it to fit like the oil pan ect.... but i would appreciate any help on the carb kit, thanks.
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Originally posted by RocKin1967
    I'm droping in an Ls-1 into a 1967 Camaro, but im going to put the Edelbrock carb kit they have for the Ls-1 on it, but I dont know everything about it, maybe their some bad things about it that u people can let me know about?. I know about everything else i would need for it to fit like the oil pan ect.... but i would appreciate any help on the carb kit, thanks.
    Do you have a specific passion for a carb? It would be simpler to just use the stock FI assuming it is still on the motor. All you'd need is a harness and PCM.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Do you have a specific passion for a carb? It would be simpler to just use the stock FI assuming it is still on the motor. All you'd need is a harness and PCM.

....and it would be way cooler
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

and far more tuning abilities.........far more reliable..........far better gas mileage.

Did the FI not come with the motor?

Comment

I agree, that if you can stick with the FI, do it! (for all reasons already listed)
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I agree about all of the pluses of using the EFI

However, there is an article on the LS1 manifold and carb in the current issue of Popular Hotrodding (which is bundled with the current issue of GM High Tech Performance).

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

we got a 67 in my dads shop that theyre going to put a different motor into. i don't know if ull respond because you havent yet, but let me know what you decide to do and how it turns out.
              86 Camaro (350)
              79 Blazer (FI 350)
              98 Buick Riviera (S/C)
              96 Grand Prix (Sp. Ed.)

Comment

sorry i havent responded sooner ive been bussy with work and cars, but anyways thanks 4 the input, but yea the Ls6 intake that was on the motor is gone with the rest of the FI stuff, so instead of spending money on setting my car up 4 FI and getting what i need 4 the motor i just wanted 2 get the carb and put it on (just to be different) i guess it would be kool having a bit of both worlds, "old skool" with the carb and "new skool" with the motor and tranny, and as for the tunning im pretty sure I can handle that with my friend at his shop, and for the gas I'll be happy even if its 5mpg more than wut im getting now, with a 4spd muncie and 4.10's in the rear that 350 dont like the highway too much and its killer on the motor crusing at around 4,000rpm's for about 15min's on the way to work each way. well I'll keep posting on how this project goes, i should be getting the motor and tranny sometime this week, if all goes well (hope so, can't wait) so if you guys find anything out that will help me out I'll appreciate it, thanks
                1967 Camaro "Project"
                1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Hey again, well i got the motor and tranny 2day...man I almost cried from joy lol well i also picked up the new "Popular Hot Rodding Magazine" yesterday and it talks about slaping a carb on the Ls-1, to brief you at how it went they 1st they werent too fond of it but when they saw the exact hp an torque #'s on the dyno as they did with the fuel Injection they wanted 2 see how much more they could push it, and well basically i was starting to doubt the carb and was thinking about going fuel injection but now after reading this I've seen the light LoL. So basically they made 503HP @ 6,600 rpm and 449 ft-lbs @ 5,000rpm when they were done, by adding Ls-6 springs and a hot cam, donno if u can get the same HP by going Fuel Injected?, probably could, but wont u have to tune the computer and maybe a chip? well thats what i got so far so 4 sure carb it is, now i got to buy a cam, springs,push rods,and rockers and ill be set and ill be pretty dam happy with that, well thanks again 4 the input appreciate it
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Great article

PHR LS1 SWAP

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                    X