tranny gone i think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny gone i think

well my trans has hesitated into 4th for about a month, and everyonce and a while downshifting it slips, i want to rebuild it more powerful and with a bigger torque converter, wut kind of prices am i looking at for a 4L60E rebuild with stronger bands and clutches, and a bigger toqure converter?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

A good performance rebuild is going to run between $1000 and $1400 depending on the parts chosen. I would highly recommend a hardend sun shell, 23 element low sprag, better clutches and have a knowledgeable shop do it. Those prices don't include a higher stall converter and the appropriate trans cooler that would be recommended. For everything, expect to spend between $1500 and $2200 total depending on converter choice.

Comment

This place has very good deals on rebuild kits. We put the "Mega Hoss kit in a 4L60E and it is standing behind about 650 hp fine:
      www.kdsperformance.com

Combination Motorsports is also pretty well known for building strong 4L60E's. Their Stage 1 is rated at 500 lb/ft and is $1297.95 shipped:
      www.cmotorsports.com

If you are going to buy a tranny as a package deal, make sure to ask for their torque load ratings as these are much more important than the HP ratings.

Comment

i dont have very much power, i know there was a guy on this site, that his dad owned a trans shop that could custom build stall converters, can any transmission place do this, and where can i get performance builds?
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
        X