O2 sensor removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor removal

Any tips for removing the sensors? I already stripped the threads on one and messed up the threads on the Y-pipe bung. I tried applying a little heat with a torch which I thought was working, but apparently not!

Didn't want to use PB blaster or any other penetrant, and can't warm up the engine since it's apart right now for mods.
    '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Use the PB Blaster or the EGR valve penetrant from GM.

Otherwise, if the heat doesn't help ... that's it.

When I installed my headers (on my 2000 ... in 2002), two of my sensors stripped out of the bungs too.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Yep, I had to use the handle of a floor jack as a breaker bar to get all 4 of mine loose.

I used PBlaster and let it sit overnight. Put the floor jack handle ove the wrench and off they came.

Comment

Ditto on the PBlaster. That stuff works....... Follow the directions and don't forget to tap the parts with a hammer after spraying to help get the stuff to penetrate. Let it sit overnight and it should come loose.

Comment

Working...
        X