plug wires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug wires

hey i have to get new wires for my 97 lt1 (bc its a swap and i need more wire) and i was wondering if they sell wires that you can make them as long as u want? now i know they have the make you own spark plug wires for original small block 350s with a norman dis. but i got the optispark and all. can anyone help? oh yeah what does the coolant bypass really do to gain hp i always hear about it is it a load of bullor does it work. thanks
    97 30 anniversary lt1 swaped into a 95 s-10, headman headders, highflow cats, dynomax ultra flow mufflers, getto rig intake haha http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655505

The bypass is worth a few hp.

As for the wires, I haven't seen universal sets for the opti cars. I am in the process of trying to figure out where to get the ends that go to the opti - I think they are the same as the terminals thet were used for the threaded end spark plugs, but I'm not sure. I may give the Federal Mogul guys a call or have my bud at Champion find out for me.

Anyway, I used two sets of Accell 300 race wires last time last time to get a set that would work with the headers and stay out of harms way.

Comment

Taylor makes a universal set for the LT1. And rumor has it that Moroso is supposed to be coming out with a universal LT1 set very soon.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=4&pcid=104

Comment

I can make you a custom set in any lengths you want.
        8mm silicone, Spiral Core, any color.

Why Spiral-Core?
        The use of a spiral-core conductor provides the ultimate in low resistance, high spark energy, and ultimate magnetic and radio wave suppression. For maximum spark energy, you want the lowest resistance in the wires carrying the spark energy from the coil to the spark plug. A solid copper or steel core wire is the absolute lowest resistance conductor. However, this type of ignition wire will have very high magnetic & radio wave emissions .... interfering with radio reception and the operation of computer controls (not good on a street car). Stock GM wires are built like inline resistors. The conductor is a graphite impregnated cord. This drops down the spark energy in the wire and reduces the magnetic and radio emissions ....... while reducing the available spark energy to the plug! That's like the coil saying to the spark plugs .... "Hey, I've got 50,000 volts ready here for ya" and the wires saying .... "Naaa, those stinkin' plugs don't need all that, we'll let 'em have 25,000...".

Spiral-Core wires are the best of both worlds. Spiral-core wires use a thin continuous steel conductor, wrapped in a spiral around a supporting core made of a ferro-magnetic material. This design not only reduces, but effectively eliminates magnetic & radio emissions. At the same time, it is inherently very low in resistance. Therefore, delivering maximum spark energy and maximum horsepower!

8mm - 9mm - 10mm ?
        PPC Ultra-Performance Spiral Core Ignition Wires use premium quality 8mm virgin silicone insulation. Why not 9mm or even 10mm? First, the thickness of the insulation has nothing to do with the resistance - or spark energy, of the wire. It is simply, well, insulation. We feel that we would rather offer a premium spiral-core ignition wire set at a more advantageous price point, than charge more for a "cool" set of 10mm wires.

Additionally, PPC Ultra-Performance Spiral Core Ignition Wires carry a lifetime warranty (except for damage caused by abuse or improper use).

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
        X