Hood struts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood struts?

Anyone know if 4th generation hood support struts have the same part numbers for regular metal hoods and WS6/SS hoods, or are they different tension?

I re-used the same ones on my old Z when I went from the metal hood to the composite Ultra-Z hood. I never had a problem, and the hood raised and lowered normally.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

According to the parts manual they have different #'s. The regular 96-97 are 10201454 and the ones for the WS6 are 12369197. If I'm talking about the same thing (item 14).

Here are first two pages of the manual for the WS6.

http://s95135784.onlinehome.us/frontend.pdf

I used the stock ones with the WS6 hood. Works ok.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I reused the stock metal hood struts when I installed the SLP Ram Air hood. Hood operates "normally".
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Great info guys. The local "we install wiper blades" auto parts hole didn't show a different part number and I was skeptical about using the part for the base cars.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X