New Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hey- I just joined, I've got a '98 Camaro SS. Silver, Z06 Vette rims. Flowmaster ext, K+N filter. Real minor bolt ons. I'm looking into the SLP Head/Cam package or a Supercharger next spring. Anyone have any opinions on which would be a better choice. Also in all reality what should my car be running (aprox) in the 1/4. I had a Mustang GT that ran 13.70's and the SS feels waaaaay faster. But I'm not able to get it to the track, so I'm guessing 13.40's or thereabouts. Agreed?
    Attached Files

First off, welcome to the boards! This is a great website with great people.

That is a very nice, very clean Camaro SS you have. I would go for the SLP head/cam package if it were me. I don't have an LS1, though, so don't just take my word for it. Although, it seems to me that your car would look a little better if it was lowered. If it was me, that is what I would do first, but it's all up to you.

Welcome, once again.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

13.4 is a pretty good guess... although you do realize that your Flowmaster cost you about 5 horsepower from stock, right? That is a great sounding exhaust system, but it is not a performance one.

I would go heads/cam if you just want a strong increase. If you want to get crazy, then supercharge it.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Very nice SS. Any reason why you want to go with the SLP h/c package. $$$$

Call Sam at Combination Motorsports. They are one of the best LS1 aftermarket speed shop in the country, and fairly reasonable. Their head work is second to . Many people have brought them heads from places like MTI and with just a little touch up they are out flowing MTI's work by far. 702-98-8504, www.cmotorsports.com

Comment

welcome
          98 trans am ws6 performance package

Comment

Welcome to f-body.com.....

I was doing 13.3 to 13.5 totally stock when new.

I too, go back and forth over supercharging or naturally aspirated. Both have their benefits. I really like a STRONG naturally aspirated engine though.

RumP....rUmmppiTy...RuMp.......

I would not bother with the SLP package.

Far better heads can be had at the same or less $$
            Patriot
            AFR
            Etc......

For the cam, anything from a 224-ish at 114 Lobe Separation Angle-LSA (which makes 400 RWHP with tuning), to a nice 230-240 ish at 112 to 110 LSA which makes 450 to 500 RWHP with the right heads and intake and tuning.

Of course..... long tube headers with any of the combos!

Cheers,
            Gordon
            PPC

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Gordon, all I goota say is damn those headers and y-pipe look choice! Looks like very quality workmanship!

Gordon how are the LT1 LT's coming along. Will you or can you make a stepped LT with a slip on collector for the LT1's.

Comment

What are the specs for the stock '02 LS1 cam? Anyone know?
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

2001 - 2002 LS1 in F-body =

207/196 degrees (@ .050 lift)
                  116 LSA
                  .479/.467 valve lift

1998 - 2000 LS1 in F-body =

209/198
                  .500/.500

Granny cams !

Gee.... Must be the heads !!

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment