swaybar bushing installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swaybar bushing installation

I just installed Eibach front and rear swaybars and have a question regarding which direction the cut in the front sway bar bushing should be facing; front or back? The Eibach directions say both the front and rear swaybar bushing cut's should face to the rear while the GM manual for a 97 camaro says the front swaybar cut should face toward the front and the rear one should face toward the rear. I installed them per the Eibach directions. Any opinions???
    97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

I installed my 1LE bars years ago like the GM instructions. The placement seems more uniform because the slit faces away from the lever arm of the bar in both cases.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Any other comments/opinions?
      97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

I would call Eibach directly and explain the difference and see what they say. Could be a typo in the directions.
        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
        X