i got quoted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got quoted

i got quoted 325 for the install and 350 for upgraded hardened shell, stronger bands and clutches, but no warranty..........

that is 675..............now should i put in a higher stall and a trans cooler and if so wut size, or should i do the rebuild wiht stock parts and get the warranty?

this is for my transmission by the way
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

First, thats a good price except.......I don't follow as to why there would be no warranty. Sounds to me like they are afraid to stand behind their work when dealing with upgrade parts.

That being said, it's still a great price. A 2400-2800 stall speed for stock motors is the range you want to stay in, as well as a shift kit and trans cooler. I would suggest either a Vigilante 2800 stall speed Roughly ($800)or a yank/SLP 2400 for about half that.

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable giving money to a shop that won't offer a warranty.

Comment

they will only offer a warranty on parts they order, not parts i birng to them, i found a beter price on a rebuild kit from tci for 240, trans cooler for 70,a torque converter from slp 2200-2400 for 420, all these parts are from ramchargers

do i need a shift kit??? wut kind, and will it really help in my et's, and how much will it help?
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
        they will only offer a warranty on parts they order, not parts i birng to them, i found a beter price on a rebuild kit from tci for 240, trans cooler for 70,a torque converter from slp 2200-2400 for 420, all these parts are from ramchargers

do i need a shift kit??? wut kind, and will it really help in my et's, and how much will it help?
        Adding a shift kit will firm your shifts helping to eliminate slippage between gears. This reduces heat and prolongs the life of the trans. Together with a good cooler, it helps alot.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i know its almost impossible to guess but with all i have done now, i ran a 14.3 before the computer tuning, what should i run with all this done a shift kit, and a 2400 stall?
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

or should i do the rebuild wiht stock parts and get the warranty?
            At the shop I work at, we wouldnt warranty your parts either. We would if we sold them to you though. WHy cant they order the hardened shell and extra clutches, etc.? If they can't, that would send a red flag to me that they dont typically do perfromance work. You want someone to set up the tranny for performance. There is much more to it than just replacing stock for high po parts.......

And that seems too cheap. Remember, you get what you pay for. We would get about 1600 - 2300 (depending on what you want exactly) to the whole job - Remove and install, shift kit, internal performance mods, CUSTOM high stall convertor (not an off the shelf convertor), etc..
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

nhow much to build me a custom stall at 2200-2400??????????///
              1994 firebird formula

Comment

nhow much to build me a custom stall at 2200-2400??????????///
                Depending on what you wanted done as far as bulletproofing the convertor, somewhere in the 175 - 300 range for an F-body.com bud. This is a NICE convertor that is built custom for your specific car (ie. weight, cam, gear ratio etc.) There are many factors involved in tayloring an accurate stall speed and all of these things are considered. I ran a 2200 stall in my last nitrous-fed bird, and we install these convertors with EVERY rebuilt tranny that goes out of our shop and we have NEVER had a single problem with one. Thats not to say that it cant happen, but they are by far the best convertor supplier we've ever dealt with. I will be working on monday and if you drop me a line with the specifics on your car and your needs, I can get you a price with shipping. It takes a few days to build the convertor too.

Sean @ Davco Performance Automotive
                315-422-1100 (9AM-6PM EST)
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                X