Tire Size oppinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Size oppinion

I bought Boss Motorsport 304 rims and I am wondering what size tire I should put on the back.

18x9 Chrome - 5 on 4.75 +14 mm offset, 5 1/2 BSM, 2100 lbs. capacity, 32 lbs. shipping weight

I got a good deal on them, haven't ever bought new rims before but they cost C$504.44 for the set of 4. What is a good size and price for a tire on the back or should I just stay with all the same? Currently I have 245 40 zr18 Generals on them.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

275 is pretty much the standard width for a 9" wheel. Something like a 275/35r18 would be good. 245 are pretty narrow for a 9" wheel.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
      18x9 Chrome - 5 on 4.75 +14 mm offset, 5 1/2 BSM, 2100 lbs. capacity, 32 lbs. shipping weight

I got a good deal on them, haven't ever bought new rims before but they cost C$504.44 for the set of 4.
      $504 Canadian? I would have to say that's a great deal. Where did you get them from?

Comment

wow, 245s on a 9" rim, I didn't really know that was possible. Like Dave M said, 275 is for the most part the standard for a 9 inch rim. you can go up to 285 if you want to though. That's what I have. 285 40 17.
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

You could go with a 275/35/18 or a 295/35/18. I've seen a few 295/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sports around here on a 18x9 wheel and they look cherry!

Comment

Pete

That is a really nice looking wheel!!! Where did you buy them?

Comment

A buddy of mine just put a really nice chrome set of those wheels on his freshly red painted 94 Z. It looks awesome. I dont quite think he did the right offset because it sticks out just a little too much. He put 275 all the way around and it looks perfect.
              p.s. I love the huge lip those wheels have on them
              97 SS #C007
              Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
              SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Dude, were they "Hot" ?

Where'd you get them? I'm in for a group purchase!

Those wheels are Tasty.

96 TA Sold!
                87 TA Sold!
                80 Z28 Sold!
                74 Formula Sold!
                73 Z28 Sold!
                69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Be Aware!!

The standard size tire on our cars is 25.7" tall. This means that unless you stick to the +1, +2, +3 model of sizes you will need to coorect your speedo. In addition, your rear gears will be off too as the ratio is calculated with that size tire.
                  Go to http://www.tirerack.com and look at their tire comarisons. They will show you overal height and you can see what the different sizes do to height.

HTH

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                  95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                  Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Working...
                  X