Had a run in with a new GTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a run in with a new GTO

My local dealer has had a few of the new GTOs on the lot. The other day, I saw a black one appear and I stopped by to take a closer look. Alas, it was an automatic. I went on my way, having already test driven an automatic. It looked great in black. Fast foreward to a week later.......

The Black GTO was on the lot for only a couple of days and was gone. Yesterday on my way home, I pull out onto a 4 lane divided highway and immediatly come up to a redlight. I had the radio up, the a/c cranked and the car idling nicely. A car pulls up next to me but I don't even look over, my mind is on getting home, firing up the grill and cooking some steaks. I hear the horn beep, I look over and here is an honest to goodness blue haired old lady driving the new black GTO. I look over and the woman motions me to lower the window. I roll it down and she says: " I just bought this and the salesman told me it was the fastest thing on the road. Wanna race?" Well, I immediatly said "You must be kidding." She immediatly said that she was "going to have some fun before she checked out from life, and was I going to race so that she could see how fast it really was against another musclecar or was I a wimp?" I couldn't help but laugh. In a way, she reminded me of my mom, albiet older but the same attitude.

The light turns green, I nail a great light, the tires right on the fine line between slip and grip and I rocket though 1st and 2nd gears and shut down so I didn't have to go way above the limits. Grandma in the GTO didn't fare too well. Probably slow reactions and unfamiliarity with the car, but she lost by several lengths. I couldn't help laughing my hiney off, not because I won..... because grandma still had a thirst for life and was out to have some fun. I hope she stomps some import butt in that new shiney black GTO. She did give me the thumbs up as she drove by a little later in traffic.

Can you see the used car ad in a few years? "GTO for sale, driven by a little old lady and only to the grocery store and church on Sunday."

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    My local dealer has had a few of the new GTOs on the lot. The other day, I saw a black one appear and I stopped by to take a closer look. Alas, it was an automatic. I went on my way, having already test driven an automatic. It looked great in black. Fast foreward to a week later.......

The Black GTO was on the lot for only a couple of days and was gone. Yesterday on my way home, I pull out onto a 4 lane divided highway and immediatly come up to a redlight. I had the radio up, the a/c cranked and the car idling nicely. A car pulls up next to me but I don't even look over, my mind is on getting home, firing up the grill and cooking some steaks. I hear the horn beep, I look over and here is an honest to goodness blue haired old lady driving the new black GTO. I look over and the woman motions me to lower the window. I roll it down and she says: " I just bought this and the salesman told me it was the fastest thing on the road. Wanna race?" Well, I immediatly said "You must be kidding." She immediatly said that she was "going to have some fun before she checked out from life, and was I going to race so that she could see how fast it really was against another musclecar or was I a wimp?" I couldn't help but laugh. In a way, she remided me of my mom, albiet older but the same attidue.

The light turns grean, I nail a great light, the tires right on the fine line between slip and grip and I rocket though 1st and 2nd gears and shut down so I didn't have to go way above the limits. Grandma in the GTO didn't fare too well. Probably slow reactions and unfamiliarity with the car, but she lost by several lengths. I couldn't help laughing my hiney off, not because I won..... because grandma still had a thirst for life and was out to have some fun. I hope she stomps some import butt in that new shiney black GTO. She did give me the thumbs up as she drove by a little later in traffic.

Can you see the used car ad in a few years? "GTO for sale, driven by a little old lady and only to the grocery store and church on Sunday."

Yea....the little old lady from Pasadena
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

That is so cool. She has a great attitude.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

That sounds kinda like my grandfather. When I was a kid we used to go everywhere together when I was down in FL visiting them. He'd pull up to a redlight and say "Look at that little wimpy front wheel drive piece o' crap. Watch this" VROOOOM! Spankin' em with the Lincoln. It was funny when I was a kid, but very ironic because now I do the same thing
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Man, you gotta be freakin kidding me!!! You shoulda raced her for pinks!

Comment

Working...
          X