Woodward is already ON FIRE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodward is already ON FIRE

OK guys, the Woodward Dream Cruise through suburban Detroit is coming up in about 2 weeks time. The best days are going to be August 19-21... but that isn't stopping the people from already lining the streets on Friday and Saturday nights! It's incredible! Last night, from 13 to 14 Mile on Woodward, there were cars lining the storefronts with their hoods up, people with lawn chairs sitting at the curb, and TONS of hot-rods racing up and down Woodward!

I was 4-across with an 80s Monte SS, C3 Corvette, 5.0 Foxbody once... as well as another 5.0 foxbody, a 300ZXTT, and a crotch rocket another time. I also did a little sprint with a Chevelle SS and we stayed fender to fender all the way through 2nd gear I played around with the 300ZXTT a little bit too -- I dmeolished him twice from a 20 punch, and then he spanked me from a 40 punch... oh well ... There was a 650+ rwhp Viper there, as well as several mean 03 Cobras (they pretty much rule the streets around here).

The cops were nowhere to be found, and that's OK, because no one was out of hand. The speed limit on Woodward is 50 mph, and there were several races to 60 mph, but no one was getting stupid, so that's good.

Anyway, when the real thing starts, it will go from 8 Mile all the way north into downtown Pontiac -- 15 miles long!!!! Picture a 4 lane traffic jam in both directions of bad ass cars, with over a million people on the streets and you have the Dream Cruise! If anyone has any REMOTE possibility of making it, i suggest you do what you can to get here. I PROMISE it will not disappoint.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

I'll tell you one thing about the Dream Cruise - Brady, when he had his twin-turbo engine, got a $1000 ticket for pulling out of a parking lot a little hot. He lives in AL, so it was a pain for him to go pay it. I never even heard of anyone getting a ticket for $1000 before - Anyway - be careful out there!

Comment

My Pop his DRIVING is 69 427 Camaro up there from NC this year. I want to go with him real bad. He's going to be up near 12 mile. Anybody else going?

Jay?

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Of course I am going!!!!

In some places they are cracking down on stuff, in others, they are still lenient. If you do a burnout, or take off a "little hot" and they want to bust you, they are going to hit you with everything they can. Not just public endangerment, but all the way down to LITTERING as well... that is why it adds up to $1000.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
        X