Dynatech headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynatech headers

Anyone ever use Dynatech long tube headers. I have shorties from Hooker and i want to get rid of them, its nice to tell peop[le, ya my cars got headers but they really make very small gains from the stock manifolds. So how do these ones do the job? How much will i have to modify my Y pipe? The package is $429 for ceramic coated ones, is that a good deal? What other long tubes are good for an LT1 with stock almost everything?

I plan on getting soem Dyantech headers oon myself. Their are soen that cost around $479 that have bigger tubes. From what I have heard Dyantech's flow great and you don't lose any ground clearance with Dyantech's.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

when you say bigger tubes, bigger than 1 3/4?? or do you have an LS1 because those are $479

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
        when you say bigger tubes, bigger than 1 3/4?? or do you have an LS1 because those are $479
        Nope, their is an LT1 version that has 1 7/8 piping. http://www.lgmotorsports.com/OCLT1_Fbody_Exhaust.htm

Scroll half way down and you will see the headers.
        1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

That $479 does not include the slip on collectors. So add $200.

Dynatech's are supposedly a pretty good design. I haven't personally met anyone using them but I've seen alot of posts showing great results from these headers.

Comment

30 inch primaries - Long tube design are for maximum torque and power.
            Available for LS1 and LT1 engines in 1-3/4" diameter primaries.
            Designed for stock port shape.
            Include integral 3"diameter collectors, 10" long.
            Also available with high temperature ceramic coating.
            Collectors do not include O2 sensor bungs - Call us for details on adding these ($75 extra).
            \
            those are for the hooker long tubes, which would be better, that looks like it comes with collectors for 389 plus 75 for the O2 sensor holes. Is that a worth while deal. I want some more torque and i don't want to get my ass kicked by costs on it. The Dynatech seems nice by i want the full package, and once again how much am i going to modify my current y PIPE?

Comment

OR would the mac headers be better. I want this to pass emissions for a daily driver in the nice weather. MAC TrueFit Headers

Increase horsepower and torque with Mac True Fit Headers.
              1 5/8" primaries with a 2 1/2" Y-pipe.
              Finished in an HTS silver coating.
              Offered with either High Flow Cat. Converters or Off-Road Pipes.
              Pick up exhaust flow by eliminating your catalytic converter with an Off-Road Pipe.
              All hardware gaskets included.
              On 1995-97 dual cat. cars, the off-road pipes will require custom computer tuning or O2 Simulators to avoid throwing engine codes.

the 1 and 5/8 just was the only think i looked away from but this also comes with a fitting y pipe. Which will i see better LEGAL performance from\?

Comment

Working...
              X