Stereo Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Systems

i was just wondering what are some popular stereo systems running in some of the f-bodies here. Any cool ideas? Post pics up and tellabout it.
    -Lou-
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

i'm just running the stock Monsoon for now, until i can get some money together to replace it with aftermarket stuff.

and btw, that is a freakin Huge signature pic....

ya might wanna trim it down a bit

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
      i'm just running the stock Monsoon for now, until i can get some money together to replace it with aftermarket stuff.

and btw, that is a freakin Huge signature pic....

ya might wanna trim it down a bit
      I run the factory Delco/Bose head unit into a Soundstream reference 405 5 channel amp. It powers Peerless midbasses in the 4 stock locations. The door spekaers have MTX 2 way crossovers and dome tweeters. There is an Audax 10" sub in the trunk in a custom built shallow box to maxumize trunk space. Everything is wired in KimberCable and power wires as thick as your finger.

The amp has built in crossovers. The sub gets the lows and the rest is just midrange and highs. I can run the bass and trebble on the head unit at 0 -flat- and it sounds great... and looks completely stock unless you open the trunk. I like it alot.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Pioneer 1.5 din radio (the 77 model), 50 disc changer (not a misprint), voice activation on the radio and changer, XM radio, MB Quart 6.5 in the doors with tweets perforated into the dash, MB Quart 4 inch center channel, MB Quart 5.25 and tweet plates in the sail panels, Directed 1200 watt 5 channel amp, Optima Red Top, 2-1 farad caps.

Subs are interchangeable. I have the JL Stealthbox (the high dollar wood one that comes with the 10W6) with a Punch HE 10 because the JL let go after 7 years. I also have a drop in, 3-10" box for showing off to the idiots who think their 2-10's hit hard in their mommas civic with a Pyramid amp they bought at the pawn shop.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

As of current, Blaupunkt Miami CD72, Alpine MRV-F352 5-channel amp, JBL 10" sub in a square box and 4 6.5" Phoenix Gold Tantrum-X speakers. However, I'm soon gonna switch out the speakers to the new Blaupunkt 6.75" Overdrive ODx662 speakers, 2 Blaupunkt 10" Overdrive ODw1000 subs and a 4-channel amp for the speakers and a 2-channel for the subs. If you're lookin' at getting a new deck, take a look at Blaupunkt. Not as many visual effects and stuff as others, but the features are sweet (like I can plug my iPod directly into the deck and still add on a CD changer, add a remote to my steering wheel, etc.).
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
            Pioneer 1.5 din radio (the 77 model), 50 disc changer (not a misprint), voice activation on the radio and changer, XM radio, MB Quart 6.5 in the doors with tweets perforated into the dash, MB Quart 4 inch center channel, MB Quart 5.25 and tweet plates in the sail panels, Directed 1200 watt 5 channel amp, Optima Red Top, 2-1 farad caps.

Subs are interchangeable. I have the JL Stealthbox (the high dollar wood one that comes with the 10W6) with a Punch HE 10 because the JL let go after 7 years. I also have a drop in, 3-10" box for showing off to the idiots who think their 2-10's hit hard in their mommas civic with a Pyramid amp they bought at the pawn shop.

Holy hell! How much did all that equipment cost ya?

Comment

I have the alpine cda 7894, infinity 652i's in the front doors, blaupunkt component system in the rear with the tweeters in the ceiling, powered by a Mtx thunder 4244, 2 sony 12's in a custom box that takes up the whole hatch area powered by a Mtx4250 class D amp, running off of really thick power wire, fuse in the engine, fuse block in the back, and 1 farad capacitor. The tv and playstation are currently not in.
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Sony CDX-C90 Headunit, (2) Phoenix Gold Sapphires 35x2, MB Quart Seperates up front, (2) JL Audio 6W0's in the back. All PG interconnect. PG BassCube for the 6.5" subs.

Used to be... the stuff above + an old school Phoenix Gold MS2250 + 2 of the 3 JL 10W6's. As of last spring, I removed them for racing at the track, but I don't have the heart to part with them.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

and11200, I like to think that I only spent 2g's but I'd be lying to myself. I'd guess it's probably close to 3500 in reality, but you have to realize that I am an installer so some of that was at cost. $500 a pair speakers, $700 amp, $300 radio, $300 changer, $200 voice activation, that alone is $2500 and I didn't even get going good yet I didn't say that I personally paid that much, but car audio equipment is only marked up about 15-20% in most cases, so cost really doesn't save you a whole lot. Plus, I do all my own installation obviously, so all in all I probably saved about $500-700 in installation costs.

The last place I worked for did a tally on my car once, and they figure it would be nearly 5 grand to copy my system exactly. That's a drop in the bucket compared to what some pro audio guys spend. I know a sound Q guy that has 30,000 just in EQUIPMENT in his car

Comment

15-20% in most cases, so cost really doesn't save you a whole lot. Plus, I do all my own installation obviously, so all in all I probably saved about $500-700 in installation costs.

installation is where i really make money on installs =) normally i will sell things 30-40$ cheaper then the local pound me in the behind best buy. i guess that makes them forget the install fee i charge

Comment

My old shop used to do that sort of thing. Price match Circuit City (was no Best Buy here back then) then ride up the install cost. Plus, labor is non-taxable income in Alabama, so the shop would clear even more money net regardless of whether they lost money on the radio

Comment

My old shop used to do that sort of thing. Price match Circuit City (was no Best Buy here back then) then ride up the install cost. Plus, labor is non-taxable income in Alabama, so the shop would clear even more money net regardless of whether they lost money on the radio
                        dude u suck...im moving there lol i get pillaged on my income because i have a job AND i do the installs sigh..... i also have very very few tax write-offs

it is kinda funny what people will spend when u are cheaper then the "other guy" americans like to spend =)

Comment

I DONT HAVE THIS YET BUT I WILL AS OF NEXT SUMMER FOR SURE IS AN ALPINE DVD/CD/MP3/WMV ANYTHING ALPINE IS GOOD TO REPLACE THE REGULAR STEREO UNIT. EVERYTHING IS MUCH CLEARER THEN ANY OTHER DECK I HAVE HEARD. PIONEER JVC AND SONY DONT EVEN COMPARE TO ALPINE. ECLIPSE IS UP THERE AND I LIKE IT BUT ALPINE ALL THE WAY....

Comment

using the stock Monsoon head deck going back to a JL Audio Stealth box, with a JL10W3 10"(obviously), and 250 JL Audio Amp. It sounds excellent.I also got rid of the stock rear speakers and replaced them with JL woofers. Looks stock too unless you go in the hatch. Still plenty of room for my T-Tops and Cargo..thats what I love about it.
                            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Stevesokol21, watch the caps lock please. Alpine is an acquired taste. I personally don't like them because of the way they went "cheap" in the late 90's early 00's, and are just now getting back to a real quality unit. Regardless of that, their "act of congress" controls are just not my cup of tea. I'll take my Pioneer with easy controls and excellent sound quality radio over Alpine any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X