Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Engine Swap (3.4L)....suggestions or Links? **HELP**

Hello all,
    I have a 1994 chevy camaro with a blown 3.4L v6 engine, I have just ordered a replacement engine (also a 3.4L v6 original motor from a camaro, just with only 55k miles) to be delivered next week. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to remove their engine from their camaro? I have called a few local shops in Raleigh and they are wanting $900 - $1500 for the labor to perform the engine swap. That seems pretty high considering the value of the car. Or if anyone knows of any good "How To's" on the internet? Or if you live in the Raleigh area and know of any good local shops that be helpful as well.

This would be a straight swap, a 3.4L chevy engine, for another 3.4L chevy engine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam

Labor is about right... I had a 94 3.4L swapped into my 95 and the labor was right around $900, but that also included deglazing the clutch, new plugs and wires, some new hoses and a few other odds and ends.
    1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Comment

Where did you find a 3.4L ? I need to get a new one. Just curious
      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

labor sounds about right. theres a performance shop in cary and one in charlotte, that deal with f-body's. if i can get the names, i'll let you know. I know the one in cary is steve ashworth performance.
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

The place in Charlotte that you mentioned, is it by any chance F-Body Motorsports (sometimes called Third Gen Resource)?
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
          X