Stupid egotistical cops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid egotistical cops

I was on my way home today with the family in our minivan. We were on the main highway going through town, it is called "the beltline". The speedlimit on the beltline is 55. It is 4 lanes in each direction with onramps, offramps and a concrete wall between eastbound and westbound. The standard speed people drive is 65 in the left two lanes.

Enter 1 Wisconsin state trooper.

She gets in the left most lane and goes exactly 55. Nobody will pass her and traffic begins to seriously bunch up. There is 1 car between me and her in the left lane. NOBODY will pass her, and it is beginning to bug me. The car in front of me eventually moves over and I figure I will slowly pass her in the middle lane. I accelerate to 59 mph and pass her. After I'm about 4 car lengths ahead, she speeds up to ride next to me and signals for me to slow down to 55. Why do some cops have to be such egomaniacal jerks? What makes her decide to go and drive exactly 55 in the fast lane of a main thorofare and hastle anyone that attemps to go even 4 mph over the limit?
    Needless to say I was very unimpressed with her being so strict. I've passed tons of cops on this road before, and never had them bat an eye at me.

May she be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Lame.........
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Totally lame. I pass cops all the time in the same situation you found yourself in and they rarely even acknowledge that I am going by.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        Totally lame. I pass cops all the time in the same situation you found yourself in and they rarely even acknowledge that I am going by.

lol try that in cali and u deff will get a ticket..most of the time they can and WILL give u a ticket for 1mph over lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
          lol try that in cali and u deff will get a ticket..most of the time they can and WILL give u a ticket for 1mph over lol
          Mike, did you use Jay's AOL translator to type your post?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            Mike, did you use Jay's AOL translator to type your post?

i been up a few more hours then i think i am suposed to so i think by now i AM a 12 year old aoler lol

my momma says im cool haha

Comment

I don't know about that in CA, at least around the Bay Area. I've done that before and they never bugged me...of course, it was 70 in a 65 and most people do at least 80 around here. Just my experience though. I know you can fight a ticket if you were only doing 3-5 over the limit and win most of the time. That's my 2 cents.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                I don't know about that in CA, at least around the Bay Area. I've done that before and they never bugged me...of course, it was 70 in a 65 and most people do at least 80 around here. Just my experience though. I know you can fight a ticket if you were only doing 3-5 over the limit and win most of the time. That's my 2 cents.
                yes you can because the way you sit in your seat can make it look like you are going slower or faster

i belive someone on here just said break the speedo needle then get a receipt when u get it fixed next time u get a speeding ticket

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  I was on my way home today with the family in our minivan. We were on the main highway going through town, it is called "the beltline". The speedlimit on the beltline is 55. It is 4 lanes in each direction with onramps, offramps and a concrete wall between eastbound and westbound. The standard speed people drive is 65 in the left two lanes.

Enter 1 Wisconsin state trooper.

She gets in the left most lane and goes exactly 55. Nobody will pass her and traffic begins to seriously bunch up. There is 1 car between me and her in the left lane. NOBODY will pass her, and it is beginning to bug me. The car in front of me eventually moves over and I figure I will slowly pass her in the middle lane. I accelerate to 59 mph and pass her. After I'm about 4 car lengths ahead, she speeds up to ride next to me and signals for me to slow down to 55. Why do some cops have to be such egomaniacal jerks? What makes her decide to go and drive exactly 55 in the fast lane of a main thorofare and hastle anyone that attemps to go even 4 mph over the limit?
                  Needless to say I was very unimpressed with her being so strict. I've passed tons of cops on this road before, and never had them bat an eye at me.

May she be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Maybe it was just that time of the month? Either way, if she's holding up traffic, can she get a ticket?
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    Maybe it was just that time of the month? Either way, if she's holding up traffic, can she get a ticket?
                    I wish. She was defenitely creating a hazard.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                    X