How fast do ricers want to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast do ricers want to go?

Well, I was heading to my parents house from work last night in Syracuse. I was just about to get off the exit and two honda v-tecs pull up next to me and give me the fart can rev and wave me on to continue up the road with them. Now, normally I wouldnt waste my gas and just laugh as got off the exit, but self control hadnt gotten the best of me yesterday. I was feeling in the mood for some education through humiliation....... I opened the bottle to really make them look bad (or keep me from looking really bad, as 1 in a million are actually fast).

So, I pull up to both of them and nail it. I pulled on them both like they were standing still - literally. I ran it up to about 90-100 with about 2 car lengths between the fastests hondas front and my rear bumper. THere were enough doors and other parts laying on the highway after I blew them off to indicate a clear win for me, but still a very quick race. Satisfied, I hit my brakes and a few seconds later one of them comes flying by me and hit the flashers in a victory dance and contiues on his way.

Im hoping some ricers are reading this somehow and can answer this.....WHat the &*()!!?? I still have two more gears after about 120 mph.....how fast do I have to go to beat a ricer? Back in the day, you would line up against your opponent on the highway, give him a nod, and you would punch it until one pulled on the other. These kids dont know what the brake lights mean.

If youre far enough back to see my brake lights go on - YOU LOST!!!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
    These kids dont know what the brake lights mean.

If youre far enough back to see my brake lights go on - YOU LOST!!!

BWWAAHHahhhAHhHAhhAhHAHahahaaaaa

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

So...... you're suprised they aren't bright enough to know when they lost?

That's why it's not worth your gas to even give them the time of day. No matter what the outcome, they will search for a victory somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

That's why it's not worth your gas to even give them the time of day. No matter what the outcome, they will search for a victory somewhere.
        Yea, and I know better. Some of these cars are pretty fast though. The guys with the fast cars arent the ricers and wouldnt have this mentality. The problem is that they are so few and far between.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Usually they've never felt the power of a car like yours...so they really have no frame of reference...they are retarded, and they know their cars suck so they will hold on to anything to keep some kind of self worth...
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

The flashers is old school. So, to combat that, turn your flashers on before the race even starts
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

i hate to tell you this sir but you are the victim of the infamous "RICER FLYBY"!!!
              just ignore it and drive on knowing who is faster. i my self have fallen victim to it, a lil honda v tec blasted past me at about 90 and did the 4 way shuffle, complete with flipping me the bird. so...... after a few mins. of venting the only resolve i had was to return the favor. seeing as he went by me as fast as he could i figured i would do the same. now he had a good mile on me at this point and we were on about a 7 mile straight on the TPK. no other cars around, so i proceded to my cars max velocity, 148 on the speedo, and promptly passed him with the 4 ways on, but no middle finger. i know it wasnt smart, or safe, and please hold back on the blasting. i must saw it was quite rewarding at the moment, and i wont need to do it again. im not a ricer, but it was fun.
              2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
              1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
              past rides:
              1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
              2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
              1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
              2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
              2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
              1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
              1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
              1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I won't flame you for that, because I've done the same thing before too. Not at that speed mind you, but a lot faster than "the beaten" flew by me.

The funniest things happen on a bike. Ricers roll up revving and purging nitrous and popping blowoff valves like they actually have a snowball's chance of even staying within "visiblility of the hint of a taillight" distance of me. I usually let them show their butt, but this one guy would not stop. Light after light, continuously running the heck out of his motor. He got on the interstate with me and stayed beside me attempting to lunge forward to entice me. Eventually he got on it, I assume thinking I was not gonna bite. That's when I let him have it. I rolled up beside him, sitting up, and waving for him to "come on" while he was full in the throttle. He shifted into 5th and I was still in 2nd. I shifted into third and pulled ahead of him about 2 cars, then TURNED AROUND and waved "come on, come on, you can do it Waterboy!" I even locked the throttle on the bike and used my RIGHT hand to wave "come on" to him. After about 2 miles he finally gave up.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I figured it out guys...... That's when VTEC kicks in! After the race is clearly over.
                  1995 Firebird Formula
                  (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

Wouldn't it be nice to have a running text light in the back that you can kick in that says "You Lost!, 2Fast4You!" once you killed them.

I don't think anybody would consider it rice either, compared to the Neon lights and all that.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Hello, everyone glad to be reading threads again after 18 days and running at work. i know im on an Fbody page and i do owne a 4th gen z (thats broke right now ) But lets not forget that yes we are biger but "ricers" and capstangs and what ever else is out there that people are building there doing it for the same reson that we all are. they just want to go fast, and some times they just want to see your car go REALLY fast cause they cant aford to. case in point i bloow by a viper on the i-5 onces knowing that i couldnt win just to see if he would wined his up. At 135 i saw him in the rear view and just shortly after that he was blowing my doors off. We'er all trying to have fun.....(but it is fun to smoke'em )

Comment

I like rice. It's what's for dinner.
                        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                          I like rice. It's what's for dinner.
                          'The other white meat.'
                          99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
                            I figured it out guys...... That's when VTEC kicks in! After the race is clearly over.
                            the sad thing is that statement is true. vtec helps some, but it comes in too late a lot of times to be effective, especially on the street. the highest hp rating on an rx-8 comes at about 500 rpm before the red line.
                            86 Camaro (350)
                            79 Blazer (FI 350)
                            98 Buick Riviera (S/C)
                            96 Grand Prix (Sp. Ed.)

Comment

Originally posted by pwmin
                              the sad thing is that statement is true. vtec helps some, but it comes in too late a lot of times to be effective, especially on the street. the highest hp rating on an rx-8 comes at about 500 rpm before the red line.

Don't they have a REALLY high redline, like 9grand or something like that?
                              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X