Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We found a wet spark plug ....???

Hi guys,
    I think, my friend's car is in serious problems.
    97CAMARO LT1 .
    the car has a constantly overheating problem, we already replaced the thermostat (hypertech 160), replaced all the coolant and tested the radiador cap.
    when we take off the spark plug no. 5......it come out complety wet.
    what it means?
    thanks in advance for your inputs.

Originally posted by Ger-Fire-Form-93
    Hi guys,
    I think, my friend's car is in serious problems.
    97CAMARO LT1 .
    the car has a constantly overheating problem, we already replaced the thermostat (hypertech 160), replaced all the coolant and tested the radiador cap.
    when we take off the spark plug no. 5......it come out complety wet.
    what it means?
    thanks in advance for your inputs.
    What was it wet with??

If it is wet with coolant, you have a bad head gasket.
    If it is wet with gas you have a stuck open injector.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Considering you said it was experiencing overheating problems, I'd have to say the sark plug is definitely wet with coolant.

If an inspection of the head and block look OK after removing the head, replacing the head gasket should correct the overheat problem. (Just hope it's only the gasket!)
      02 SS #9638 - Black/Black 6sp Hardtop

Comment

Right now I would suggest a cooling system pressure check as well as a compression and leakdown test. This will help determine whether the gasket is sealing or not.

Comment

Working...
        X