what is this!!???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this!!???

jk...had to get your attention guys...sorry.

a good friend of mine (she's a girl) and she's having a problem that no mechanic can figure it out for her. So I thought I'd ask you guys...

She's got a 97 Hyundai Tiburon FX with ABS

PROBLEM: She notices a whine that comes from the driveside's rear when she backs up. It's been doing this for awhile now and she's afraid that she might be damaging the car. Before the whine it was more of a scrubbing noise (sounds like something is draggin but isn't). It only happens when she backs up...but when she press the brakes it stops...

She recently got brake work done on all four corners (rotors and pads) and been all over the place to find out the problem, but no one can remedy the problem. It makes the noise only when she backs up...she haven't hit anything and the car's got 177K on the clock.

I want to say a hanging/stuck caliper...but I could be wrong, what do you guys think. It's a FWD, so there isn't much back there...

She thank you guys in advance...preciate any input.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

dont cars always whine when u back up?? i know that every car i have drivin does. or is it a different whine?

does it affect stopping at all..is there pulsating in the peddle(sp? tired)

if she pulls up on the hand brake while rolling does that pulsate (assuming it is a direct line from the handel to the brakes)

Comment

what is this?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Dude, you said "Hyundai" and "177k" in the same post. We are assuming that you mean 177,000 seconds, because there's no way you can mean miles

I'd check the parking brake personally. May be separate from the regular brakes and it just was overlooked when they did the brakes.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Well, that's the perfect symptom of the little pad wear indicator on the pads. That exactly what it does. Even though the pads were just replaced, I'd have a look at the wear scraper.

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
          X