Question for Zaino users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Zaino users

I have apllied 5 coats of Z5 now to my black Tahoe. It looks phenomanally better now. 95% of all the swirl marks are gone!

My question is do I need, or should I use Z2 in conjunction with the Z5? I've received a few conflicting opinions on this.

Is it true that only rubbing alcohol will remove Zaino? So no car wash soap will remove Zaino?

BAck when Zaino first came out, it was customary to apply Z5 until you were happy with the swirls, then use Z2. Lately I've heard Ken and others say that only Z5 is neccessary, especially on a dark car. Personally, I don't think you could go wrong wither way but I think the Z2 looks just a tad better than Z5. Rubbing alcohol will remove Zaino, but it's not the only thing. Of course there are products designed to remove waxes, like clay, to remove particles in the paint. Bug and tar removers would likely remove zaino as well. At least most of it. Car washes likely wouldn't hurt it, but zaino is made to be a system and I'd reccomend sticking with the Z7 car wash. It adds polish while you washand is specifically made to work with your zaino so you avoid any possible conflicts between brands.

I sound like an infomercial!!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Kevin, If I don't wrong, Ken recommended (if you not had Z7 available) the Blue Coral liquid wash only ( there is another with wax too). Wal Mart or Autozone has it. Unfortunatelly I don't know if another car wash brand could be Zainoproof recommended. I have used the Blue Coral without problems.
      Take care
      Doc
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I'll order some Z7.

The reason I asked is because I recently took my Tahoe down to the beach. Well when we were leaving to come home I wanted to stop at a local "spray off" type car wash and wash and vacuum the car to get all the sand out and the salt off the paint and undercarriage.

I sprayed off the car with soap and used a white cotton 100% cloth to rub. I then used the regular rinse and then the spot free rinse to remove all the soap. I then dryed the car with another white 100% cotton cloth.

Well after doing this it seemed as if the Zaino dulled on me a little. That's why I was wondering if the car wash soap was too harsh?

Comment

Yes, I have experienced that too. These soaps are for clean, from simple dust to mud, so you figure the cleanser power !!. That's why I purchased my own washer machine . You'll need to apply another Z5 layer to your car ( more shine property) or Z2 (more swirl remove property than z5 if I recall well).
          Take care
          Doc

Comment

Nope, I'm wrong..Z5 is intended for heavy swirl marks and Z2 is for shine... Sorry
            Doc

Comment

the soap used in those majic wand car wash stops is strong enough to take a buzzards bad breath away.......... never use that stuff on any car that has polish or wax or whatever...

what dave and doc said was true, about the z5 and z2.. but that was in the old days before he came out with his updated versions of the polishes. i have found that i dont need z2 anymore if you use zfx in conjunction with z5... z5 is thicker...and fills the swirls ...and to me..protects better due to its heavier molecular structure which gives the optical clarity a little less definition...but unless you are microscopeeyes....i dare to tell the diff.

remember.. they are compatable too. you can mix z5 and z2.. i used to use a 50/50 on the hawk before shows.......with zfx...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                the soap used in those majic wand car wash stops is strong enough to take a buzzards bad breath away.......... never use that stuff on any car that has polish or wax or whatever...

what dave and doc said was true, about the z5 and z2.. but that was in the old days before he came out with his updated versions of the polishes. i have found that i dont need z2 anymore if you use zfx in conjunction with z5... z5 is thicker...and fills the swirls ...and to me..protects better due to its heavier molecular structure which gives the optical clarity a little less definition...but unless you are microscopeeyes....i dare to tell the diff.

remember.. they are compatable too. you can mix z5 and z2.. i used to use a 50/50 on the hawk before shows.......with zfx...
                So do you think I only stripped maybe 1 layer? Or did I remove all 5 coats possibly?

Comment

While we are asking questions . . . my drivers side quarter panel has a few scratches on it and such, some A$$h@!E in the school parking lot banged it up a few times with something ( almost looks like keys ) and i havent used mine on the car yet because im afraid its just guna make them stand out more, will it ?? and if i were to just fill it with the touch up paint do you think it will look ok ?
                  -Nick-
                  95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                    While we are asking questions . . . my drivers side quarter panel has a few scratches on it and such, some A$$h@!E in the school parking lot banged it up a few times with something ( almost looks like keys ) and i havent used mine on the car yet because im afraid its just guna make them stand out more, will it ?? and if i were to just fill it with the touch up paint do you think it will look ok ?
                    When I was in HS, I never parked in the lot. I scouted out the neighborhood and found a nice old lady that let me park in her driveway. In exchange, I cleaned the leaves out of her guttrers every spring.

As a result, I made a freind and my car never once got scratched.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I found on my FLame Red GTA I used to have that any scratches did stand out better. The zaino made everything so optically perfect that blemishes stood out easier. I'd try to touch them up the best you can. I'm sure touch up methods have been posted here if you search. Unless you have it professionally done it'll never be perfect, even Zaino can't fill scratches that are down to primer or metal.
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        So do you think I only stripped maybe 1 layer? Or did I remove all 5 coats possibly?
                        you didnt strip any... you dulled the top layer, thats all.

hit it with z1, then put another coat on...or use zfx and put a another coat of 5 on.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                          get some 3M fine cut swirl remover and buff the areas real good with that first.
                          then..when you do the touch up.. use a paper match stick (the end without the head on it...LOL).. only put enough paint in to barely fill it. dont gob. when it dries, do it again... keep that up untill its filled. the secret is go slow.. othewise..touch up paint draws together when gobbed on...and you a nice paint zit with the outside of the scratch still there.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                            you didnt strip any... you dulled the top layer, thats all.

hit it with z1, then put another coat on...or use zfx and put a another coat of 5 on.
                            Thanks a bunch Ken!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                              I found on my FLame Red GTA I used to have that any scratches did stand out better. The zaino made everything so optically perfect that blemishes stood out easier. I'd try to touch them up the best you can. I'm sure touch up methods have been posted here if you search. Unless you have it professionally done it'll never be perfect, even Zaino can't fill scratches that are down to primer or metal.
                              I seached but didnt find any thing . . . .
                              -Nick-
                              95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                              X