'95 camaro LT1 ecm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 camaro LT1 ecm

hey all. I ran a diagnostic and it came up with an ecm error. Im guessing something in the ecm is shorting out, so replace the ecm fix the problem and the pesky check engine light. Anyone know of a good place to grab an ecm for my car? '95 camaro z28 with a 6spd. I checked on ebay they dont seem to have any. Any other suggestions?

What scanner did you use? Was it an OBD-I scanner like it is supposed to be? Was it equipped with the proper cable to allow your 1995 16-pin OBD-II STYLE ALDL connector to communicate with the 12-pin OBD-I connector on the OBD-I scanner?

If it was the correct OBD-I scanner, and you in fact used the correct connector, what was the specific code that led you to "ECM error"?

Are there any symptoms of unusual performance that are accompanying your SES light?

Sounds like it may have been a case of not using the right scanner.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I bet fred is right. 95 is a confusing year to scan. Like he said already... the PLUG is OBD-II style, but the actual PCM is OBD-I.. so you need an OBD-I scanner with an OBD-II plug on it. very confusing.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
      X