Hurst shifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst shifter

I just ordered the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter from Jeg's. I also ordered the white ball to go with it. That will match the white faced guages nicely.

I was a bit disappointed, because the white ball only fits on the black stick, not the chrome one. The threads on the black -vs- chrome sticks are different for some reason.. this info came directly from the Mr. Gasket help line.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

where can i see this shifter

hi tracz do you have any photos of this shifter or any links to them as i am thinking of changing my shifter
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
      hi tracz do you have any photos of this shifter or any links to them as i am thinking of changing my shifter
      I got mine at Jeg's.. it was the best price, and had free shipping also.

Hurst Shifters at Jeg's It is available with a black stick with factory threads and no ball, or a chrome stick with a black ball and non-factory threads.

I got the black stick model and ordered a white ball for it. I wanted the chrome stick, but they dont make a white ball threaded for the chrome one.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

We have noticed this as well with Hurst, I don't know why they don't just make them all universal like everyone else.

We have a short shifter handle we sell, the problem is if you have that white Hurst ball it wil not fit our shifter handle because they use a small thread diameter.

Regards,
        Ryan
        Ryan
        Owner of-
        UMI Performance Inc-
        Manufacture of:
        F-body Chassis & Suspension Upgrades

sales@umiperformance.com

www.umiperformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by UMI Performance
          We have noticed this as well with Hurst, I don't know why they don't just make them all universal like everyone else.

We have a short shifter handle we sell, the problem is if you have that white Hurst ball it wil not fit our shifter handle because they use a small thread diameter.

Regards,
          Ryan
          Does Hurst sell a chrome stick with standard threads on it seperate?
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

kinda off topic but...Do you have pics of your guages, I just ordered some and wonder how they look
            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
              kinda off topic but...Do you have pics of your guages, I just ordered some and wonder how they look
              I put a picture in the thread. Check it out!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

The Hurst install is done. I took the opportunity to detail all the center console parts while it was apart. It looks great. I have detailed pictures of the installation process if anyone wants them. Here is a picture of the finished project. It feels great! I love the posative stops built into the shifter. It has a noticably shorter throw. I may have prefered a shorter stick, though. It is still stock length.

Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

I agree the chrome would look cool.

4 words for you:

Tap and Die Set!

96 TA Sold!
                  87 TA Sold!
                  80 Z28 Sold!
                  74 Formula Sold!
                  73 Z28 Sold!
                  69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...