VSS Connector doesn't fit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSS Connector doesn't fit

Are the connectors different from the automatic to the manual. I converted my Z28 over and the plug doesn't fit for some reason. My teacher did the conversion and had no problem with his, said it fit perfectly fine but mine doesn't for some reason. My camaro is 1995 and the transmission is from a 1996 Trans Am, whats the problem?

The f-body's switched to OBD-II in 1996. They most likely changed the speed sensor connecting terminals along with the updated change to the OBD.

The easiest thing to do probably would be to get yourself a VSS sensor from a 1993-1995 transmission. It would mate directly to your existing terminal and would be OBD-I friendly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      The f-body's switched to OBD-II in 1996. They most likely changed the speed sensor connecting terminals along with the updated change to the OBD.

The easiest thing to do probably would be to get yourself a VSS sensor from a 1993-1995 transmission. It would mate directly to your existing terminal and would be OBD-I friendly as well.
      so even though my OBD terminal under the drivers dash is an OBDII plug in, its OBD I?

Comment

The 95 is a GM "bastard" setup.... OBD-I PCM, with a 16-pin OBD-II ALDL connector. I know there are different part #'s for the 93-95 and 96-97 4L60E VSS sensors. There could be a bit of a mix on the T56 sensors as well. The wiring is identical on all of them, one yellow and one purple wire.

You are aware that your PCM will need to be reflashed to accomodate the M6 program? The M6 uses 17 pulses per rev of the output shaft, the A4 used 40 pulses.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          The 95 is a GM "bastard" setup.... OBD-I PCM, with a 16-pin OBD-II ALDL connector. I know there are different part #'s for the 93-95 and 96-97 4L60E VSS sensors. There could be a bit of a mix on the T56 sensors as well. The wiring is identical on all of them, one yellow and one purple wire.

You are aware that your PCM will need to be reflashed to accomodate the M6 program? The M6 uses 17 pulses per rev of the output shaft, the A4 used 40 pulses.

ya i know that, i was trying to get a dealer to do it, because i wanted it sooner to be finally complete. But the dealers know nothing and can't do it. One dealer told me he was gunna have to look at it, probably for 3-4 hours before he know what he could do with it. So i decided that $320 could be saved and ill send it out.

Who are the good reprogrammers, theres Ion from Madz28 and who else?

Comment

pcmforless.com is also good/reasonable price.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              pcmforless.com is also good/reasonable price.

If i did the email package and had the cable, which software program would i need to upload the program to the PCM?

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                ya i know that, i was trying to get a dealer to do it, because i wanted it sooner to be finally complete. But the dealers know nothing and can't do it. One dealer told me he was gunna have to look at it, probably for 3-4 hours before he know what he could do with it. So i decided that $320 could be saved and ill send it out.

Who are the good reprogrammers, theres Ion from Madz28 and who else?

All the dealer tech would need is a VIN # from a same year and model as your car except it must be an M6. They download the latest program off their database into your PCM for that VIN and presto....If they are willing to do that though..
                95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                  My teacher did the conversion and had no problem with his, said it fit perfectly fine but mine doesn't for some reason.
                  That will teach you to listen to your teacher

How did you make out?
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                  X