Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a 3rd Gen rear they want to sell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a 3rd Gen rear they want to sell?

Hey guys,
    I have a 91 RS. It has a 2.73 slip differential w/ drum brakes. I want to upgrade to a 3.42 posi w/discs. Anyone got one for sale? I know a 4th gen rear will work, but I dont want my wheels to stick out. Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,
    Mark Balistreri
    No F-Body right now

Originally posted by Mark B
    Hey guys,
    I have a 91 RS. It has a 2.73 slip differential w/ drum brakes. I want to upgrade to a 3.42 posi w/discs. Anyone got one for sale? I know a 4th gen rear will work, but I dont want my wheels to stick out. Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,
    Mark Balistreri
    Many 3rd gen cars came with spacers on the rear wheels. Changing to a 4th gen rear would simply eliminate the spacers. As long as your not running 3rd gen wheels with built in offsets (like the Iric rims) you'll be fine. If the wheels in your sig are what you are running, I'd say you are safe. Are there spacers behind them? I know my uncle's 1982 Z28 has the same rims on it and he has the spacers.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I dont have any spacers. I actually am not running the wheels in the sig anymore. I hated those wheels. These are what I am running now....

They are 16x8's
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Yeah, I don't think a 4th gen rear would work with those wheels, either (same as mine). I don't know of any one in particular trying to sell one but I bet I know a business that can. www.hawksthirdgenparts.com should definetely have a stock of rear ends for 3rd gens. I don't think they list them on their website but if you call then they can hook you up with what you want. They buy wrecked and salvaged cars all the time. This is the best place, by far, to buy anything for 3rd gens (to be honest, though, I probably am a little biased since I only live 45 minutes away from them ). I have never had a problem with them.

The only problem I can think of would be shipping, though, which could get expensive, of course. If Hawks doesn't work out, then I would just go to a junkyard and see what they have.

Good luck!
        1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
        Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
        Trans: TH700R4
        Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
        X