Next mod: stiffen up the vert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next mod: stiffen up the vert

I'm looking at a set of BMR boxed subframe connectors for my vert. I'd also like to do a matching engine bay brace. I'd like a brace that goes to the cowl, not just across the towers.

Feedback? What kind of change in handling and ride quality will I notice?

BMR SFCs
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Opinions?

shock tower brace
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I would go with the Kenny Brown SFC's I had a 95 Z28 Drop top and when I had them installed... .It was like driving a new car. But be careful... When your car feels that much better, I found my self taking those on/off ramps quite a bit faster!!! ehehehhe
      No F-Body right now

Comment

I just put the BMR boxed SFC http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-body...frameconnector on last weekend. I don't see how anything could be better. They are major overkill. They fit well and weren't that bad to install but we had an 80 foot long pit to do it on. It took about 2.5 hours to install. I do like the way the BMRs re-enforce the rear control arm mounts.

Mark B is right, the on/off ramps are more fun now. My car surprised me yesterday. I hit the turn onto the freeway a little faster than normal trying to beat the traffic coming from the light just changing. The car took the turn without complaining one bit. It sort of surprised me.

As for the shock tower brace, read this first (scroll down to "Why don't you make a 3 point shock tower brace for the Fourth generation F-bodies?") http://www.bmrfabrication.com/faqs.htm Personally I like the Hotchkis http://www.hotchkis.net/cgi-bin/EDCs...atalogno=2003R the best because it removes easily but I got the BMR because I got a package deal that basically got the STB for free.

I got mine from http://www.lmperformance.com/3285/2.html
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

The 97 SS convertible that I post pics of regularly uses MAC tubular SFC's. They were fine, up to the point where the car needed a roll bar, and then a roll cage. But its still running the little MAC SFC's.

Don't get put off by the "3 points SFC's break the windshield" urban legend.

This is about the only thing I ever bought from LG Motorsports that I really liked. Probably overpriced though.....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

While my car is in the shop finishing up getting the MAC full exhaust and Procharger put in, I decided to go ahead and stiffen up the frame a bit with "Chassis Engineering" Boxed subframe connectors. You get the benefit of the Boxed design but loose no ground clearance. Im lookin forward to see the difference in handling (not as much as im lookin forward to seeing the difference in acceleration haha). I was thinkin about getting a shock tower brace, is the handling improvement worth it? Who makes the best?
            2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
            "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

the stb is a great investment!! I chose a hotchkis stb. The difference in handling is amazing.
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
              X